Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

opinion of rear bumper defuser

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 04:29 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default opinion of rear bumper defuser

a real quick questuin... how does rhe bumoer change look (shopped)

i want some kind of rear defuser... this is the one i like.......

)

Attached Thumbnails opinion of rear bumper defuser-before.jpg   opinion of rear bumper defuser-defu1a.jpg  
Old 03-18-2012, 06:49 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I like the idea enough. But it would be all about how well you can execute this. It would make a nice original customization. What'll you do with the license plate?

Old 03-18-2012, 07:04 AM

Monte Of The Month -- September 2011
2011 Monte Of The Year
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I also like the idea but like Junior car said what would you do with the plate? it looks good without the gap for the tag being there but where would you mount it then?

Old 03-18-2012, 11:50 AM
Default Sorry, forgot to mention...

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
I like the idea enough. But it would be all about how well you can execute this. It would make a nice original customization. What'll you do with the license plate?
Lol... Sorry, forgot to mention that.. Theier is a cool thing out there I'm sure a lot of you have seen... It's a REMOTE licence plate tray, when you use a FOB, the plate with come out from under the car, hit the remote again, and it retracts to under the car.. On some of the websites I've seen, they run about $125-$150 each. I am also installing one on the front. They also have manual ones to use, no FOB, have to pull it out from its storage position, and then manually retract it under the car.. I actually seen seen these on eBay for under $100, but don't know how well made they are... Mj

Old 03-18-2012, 01:51 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Deff a neat idea, looks pretty good if u can pull it off

Old 03-18-2012, 02:17 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014

I like it... Keep us posted...

Old 03-18-2012, 04:38 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

I like it.. Minus the reverse lights. I'm not sure how you'd get them to go all the way across like that. maybe some aftermarket lights underneath or something would be better. Cool idea though :thumsbup:

Old 03-20-2012, 08:26 PM
Default my bad

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS
I like it.. Minus the reverse lights. I'm not sure how you'd get them to go all the way across like that. maybe some aftermarket lights underneath or something would be better. Cool idea though :thumsbup:

i forgot to add what i am trying to do as well as not gonna do.... the back up lights will not go across, it will just appear that they r... the license plate will re track with a FOB they sell em on the bay...but the BU lights are still there... they are tinted black now...hate the looks of a license plate bracket, indent, placard etc....so this is one way i am going to get rid of it... i have about 10 diff designs right now, am am trying to get feedback before i make any cuts and changes to the bumper cover (thats why im looking for one that has a lil damage or so, so i dont mess up a good one) thats my plan... I WILL get rid of the plate "BOX" somehow..... thanks guys... Michael//// Ill post other styles tomorrow.....

Old 03-20-2012, 11:12 PM

Looks awsome,hows the front end coming along?

Old 03-20-2012, 11:21 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Would definitely get some attention! I like it. It's not gawdy, but it's clearly custom.

Quick Reply: opinion of rear bumper defuser