7th Gen ('06-'07): ok a question about led turn signals - Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Default ok a question about led turn signals

with led turn signals don't a person have to install a resister inline of the power wire of the turn signal to make sure the timing of the light flash. the reason why I ask is the led tail lights I have put on and the front led turn signal bulb as well. I am wondering what do I need to make it slow a little than having it flash fast like I have a burned out bulb. also I do not want to **** of a state trooper either rather make them laugh than make them mad.
Old 07-09-2017, 07:15 PM

Haven't done my monte yet, but did my ranger full led and I used Sylvania LOADRSLBX2 - Load Equalizer | O'Reilly Auto Parts just hook them up to turn signal power and ground wires at light side and mount to "metal" not plastic as they get hot as the sun (not really but you get idea). Need at Least 2, one for each side.

Electronic flasher wouldn't hurt either.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:19 AM

Did my fronts earlier this year. You have to wire it parallel with the bulb. Just splice into the blinker power wire and the ground wire. If its wired in series, it will still blink fast.