Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

nite shades are not that bad or difficult

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by silverbullitt
now you need to do the reverse lights.
... no way bullitt ... i have a hard enough time backing up at night without those blacked out, if anything i was going to use a headlight restoration kit on them and replace them with leds to get them brighter ...

thanks guys - i dont get why people expect any type of paint to apply to one surface and not have to do some sort of error correction/polishing/sanding ...

i still have to buff out the doors/ roof and front bumper ... so when i do those, ill hit the tails and really show off how good it looks when you clear and sand properly ...

Old 07-05-2010, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Jomao_o
You losing your back bow tie, definitely a +
- yeah man i was upset it broke while trying to get it off ... but once i cleaned off all the adhesive and stepped back i was like .... mmhhhhhmmmm looks good without it ...

people get too attached to the way cars come and think they have to stay like that

Old 07-06-2010, 11:17 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Looks very nice.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:38 PM

Wow Wow WOW!!!(EDIT: ALONG WITH)the tails,yourr car looks bad ***!! I got a question. You used the compund to get rid of scratches and swirls right? Did this process also take off the texture of the car?? Is it a very smooth finish paint, almost as if its a black mirror?
Do you even know what Im talking about? You know if you run your hand over a brand new car and you can feel its not smooth, its got some slight texture? Did you get rid of that and make it... As smooth as glass if you will.
If this is the case, when you have some spare time, could you PM me the exact procedure you used to do this? Its somthing Ive been wanting to do forever but wanted to wait to hear from somone who has already dont it before. Thanks much.

Last edited by wht02monte; 07-06-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by wht02monte
You used the compund to get rid of scratches and swirls right? Did this process also take off the texture of the car??
two words ... CLAY BAR ... mothers makes the best one ive seen for the price ... comes with two bars, showtime detailer ( lubrication ) and a microfiber cloth

look up videos on youtube how to do it properly, but it basically amounts to just running this clay over a freshly washed car to pick up everything ... it will feel smooth ... not bumpy or gritty ... but may not feel like glass yet ... then ultimate compound will take care of the light imperfections ... mild swirl marks, water spots, bird stuff ...

with a random orbital polisher, you can work the ultimate compound in long enough to get the shine and finer scratches minimized but it takes some time and a good spotlight to really see what needs more work ...

how come you dont like the taillights ??? i love the way they turned out

Old 07-06-2010, 05:16 PM

Its somthing Ive been wanting to do forever but wanted to wait to hear from somone who has already dont it before. Thanks much.
how long does it take you to get to ohare ... because i live about 5 minutes from ohare between 83 and 355 ...

not that my method of detailing is complete and professional, only because im lacking a true "detailers" orbital buffer and pads, but i can do a damn good job on a black car, and an even better job on any other color of car ... i wouldnt just detail your car, or show you how to for free ... but i could certainly do it cheaper than a shop

Old 07-06-2010, 05:42 PM

Looks good brother

Old 07-06-2010, 06:09 PM

HAHA, I kinda phrased that one wrong huh? I should have said "along with the tails". The way I said it to myself came out sounding right. No, it does look real good like that. I guess if you think about it, it kinda makes sense how I said it. Whatever, it does look good (the tailights)
But yeah, Im a bit from ohare, maybe like 2 hours and the gas alone would kill me right now. If I had the money, Id be more than happy to have you do what you did to your car to mine. Thanks though, mean alot. Didnt mean for that to come out like that LOL

Old 07-06-2010, 06:17 PM

the gas alone would kill me right now.
dude ... dont even get me started with gas ... my overall overage just clicked up another tenth to 18.9 ... im doing my best to get to 20.0

PREMIUM SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-06-2010, 06:23 PM

Yeah, but you got the big *** V8 in yours, I got a tiny 3400 and Im still sucking it down.

Quick Reply: nite shades are not that bad or difficult