Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Need body parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 09:03 AM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Need body parts

My uncle is going to be repainting Nightmagic in July. I need rocker panels, and both rear quarters (they are REALLY rusted...)...BUT im not having any luck finding these in an affordable range. the cheapest quarter panel i found was over $400. the cheapest rocker was $225 and this is from places that are over 2 hours away at that. i don't have a problem doing the driving to get them, but i don't have that much money to buy them. My uncle told me to find patches for the wheel wells instead of the whole panel...but i cant even find that. So where does everyone shop for their monte parts when they need body work done??? ive checked car-parts.com, rock auto, and a cpl local places with no luck. anyone know anyone in the pittsburgh area or northern parts of western pa that can fab the parts for me? im even willing to get them from another state (prefer the south) if they can be shipped, as long as they are not too expensive. my husband works with stainless steel and is afraid the paint wont stick the same if he used a different metal.

Old 05-27-2014, 09:28 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morad Parts Company is located in Cleveland, They usually have a good amount of w-bodies in stock.

Old 05-27-2014, 09:33 AM

i found 1 site....1..and its only for the rockers...which i probably will just have my husband make for me since they are under the car not to be seen anyhow. 2003 Monte Carlo Rocker Panel - Auto Parts Warehouse

still need quarter panel help tho, thats the main thing.

Old 05-27-2014, 09:35 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015

Did you check any junk yards. I know millerstown pick a part which is out in tarentum had like 5 montes but you would have to cut the quarter panels out.

Old 05-27-2014, 09:37 AM

thanks ChibiBlackSheep ill have to give them a call. if they have anything ill have my uncle get them because he lives in ohio anyhow. My other uncle is going to his yard today and hes going to an auction so hes going to keep a look out for me. he said that if i have my hubby make the rockers that the metal should be thicker and connected properly because of the frame support. anyone have a diagram of how a rocker is to be connected to a car, with maybe the measurements of it so it can be fabbed?

Old 05-27-2014, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by crazyzach722
Did you check any junk yards. I know millerstown pick a part which is out in tarentum had like 5 montes but you would have to cut the quarter panels out.
i called parker metal out in that general area. he said he couldnt get anything for me other than some collision parts. there was another one that my hubby mentioned that started with a b, but i cant remember the name. millerstown is only a half hour from me. ill add them to my list! thank you

Old 05-27-2014, 10:25 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Could use Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market to see what places might have the pieces you need and possibly be near your area.
I sourced a spoiler through that sight a few years back

Old 05-27-2014, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
Could use Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market to see what places might have the pieces you need and possibly be near your area.
I sourced a spoiler through that sight a few years back
already tried them. thats where i found the rockers for $225 up in cochranton. thats too much for me tho. i just talked to hubby and he said he will make the rockers. so the only thing i need is the quarter panels. but i cant afford to spend more than a 300 on those, which is why i was hoping there was patches for the wheel wells instead of the whole quarter panel. OR a fab shop that can make my quarter wheel wells. UNLESS.....someone knows whether or not stainless steel would make a difference with the paint? if i had the hubby fab me the quarter pieces also? he feels that it would...but hes not painted a car before with stainless patchwork lol. he has only patched the underneath of them with stainless.

Old 05-27-2014, 07:57 PM

ok so the hubby said he cant fab the quarter or any part of it because he doesnt have the proper machinery at work to get the curves it needs.
Damn Montes for having curves...!!! called a cpl local junk yards with no luck, 2moro after work i will start calling ones farther away. i was also thinking of getting a wing while im at it. i dont want a wing like everyone else has, but i dont want one thats too high either. ill worry about that after i have the parts that are most needed tho.

Old 05-27-2014, 08:16 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Contact member Turbo Monte, he is from Pa. and may be able to give you the name of the junk yards he goes to. Last time there were a few Monte's there I believe he scaveneged parts from for members. .

Quick Reply: 6th Gen ('00-'05): Need body parts