Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Paint/Body Work/Exterior (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/paint-body-work-exterior-32/)
-   -   Need 9 more guys who want ws-6 hood. (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/paint-body-work-exterior-32/need-9-more-guys-who-want-ws-6-hood-35115/)

Mr Grizzly Mint 03-22-2012 12:58 AM

Need 9 more guys who want ws-6 hood.

VFN fiberglass has agreed to make a mold and make functional fiberglass ram air ws-6 style hoods for the 6th gen monte. Catch is it would cost a few thousand to do just one so he said no. But he said if I get 9 more guys (10 total) who want a functional, internaly re-enforced, bolt on, 6th gen monte carlo ws-6 hood they will make them. 100-150 security deposit and remainder of cost of hood upon mold completion. These guys are really good and can even make full fiberglass bodies so its not cheap crap but quality work for great prices. We would also get a group discount for buying in bulk. He has not told me a price per hood yet but I will ask him about it if I get at least 9 of you to say you want one. I would asume probably somewhere around 600-700 minus the security deposit. This would be a good first step toward getting some more 6th gen monte parts available for enthusiasts.

Mr Grizzly Mint 03-22-2012 03:14 PM

They are basically making it like the nonfunctional, but it will be functional and much stronger. I said it will be a functional hood in first post. Like if pfyc made a ws-6 hood but better. Its not like they are amateurs. They make full 2011 fiberglass camaro bodies. They also make several fully fiberglass extended drag front ends for firebirds, Older Luminas, Camaros, ect... and lots of stuff for the 5th gen Monte Carlo. It would be a paint, bolt, and go hood. I cant garantee fitment but they make hoods for 100 other cars so pretty sure it would fit. And its not possible for a pic because Its not made. They wont make a mold until at least 10 ppl make a $100 deposit. After That they make the hoods and call the ppl who made the deposit and have them pay the difference then they mail out the hoods.

MONTE2000SS 03-22-2012 08:50 PM

i would want one but the only reason i havent bought the other one yet is because i havent had the money......hope you can get it made i would want one

ChibiBlackSheep 03-23-2012 01:44 PM

Cleaned up the thread. Please only post in this if you are interested. This guy is trying to get a group buy going to start a new product :congrats:

Best of luck getting the necessary people!!

The_Maniac 03-24-2012 01:52 AM

Wise move on the clean up.
@Mr Grizzly Mint - I'm not in the market for a new hood, but I think it might help people to have a visual rather then text. Any way you can have someone photoshop what this hood would look like on a Monte?

Best of luck rallying support :)

Mr Grizzly Mint 03-26-2012 11:53 AM

I will see If I can make a pic. Just talked to him them again and he said a bolt on hood would be $515ish so after the $100 deposit $415 plus shipping. Not a garanteed price but a ballpark based of other ws-6 style hoods they have made in the past. So what I guessed was high.

Mr Grizzly Mint 03-26-2012 04:24 PM

bump...

rattail42 03-26-2012 09:46 PM

I'm assuming that that doesn't come painted :P Do you know where the hoods would ship from? (I'm from Canada so i'm trying to see roughly how much this might cost)

red04montels 03-26-2012 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac (Post 439276)
Wise move on the clean up.
@Mr Grizzly Mint - I'm not in the market for a new hood, but I think it might help people to have a visual rather then text. Any way you can have someone photoshop what this hood would look like on a Monte?

Best of luck rallying support :)

I guess it should be this one here but functional.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...07304199_o.jpg

Mr Grizzly Mint 03-26-2012 10:01 PM

Yea one of those but functional. And they are out of Addison IL. vfnfiberglass.com if you want to check them out. Been making fiberglass drag car parts for 40 years. Alot of thier stuff is pin on but the make alot of bolt on hoods to they are just twice the weight. like 23lbs instead of 14lbs. Message me if you are in, and post here that your in, at 2 atm. Need more people and might take a bit so it will give you time to save up. When we hit 10 I will send a message to all who are in, we send our deposit, and they call us for remainder when hoods are finished. Bright side is there will be only ten in the world until more people start buying them cus we started a new product.

01 Monte SS 03-27-2012 12:40 AM

I may be interested if you can get 7 others I'll be the tenth as long as I have money... Wouldn't mind a functional one. I'm sure my dad wouldn't mind buying mine for his Monte so I'll keep an eye on this thread. Hope you can get some more people interested :thumbsup:

Don't count me in just yet but more than likely I'll be for sure in this summer when I'm working full time as long as my dad wants mine (which he has hinted he would take it lol).

MONTE2000SS 03-27-2012 10:22 PM

iM IN

nemesis 03-28-2012 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by trewyn15 (Post 440344)
I guess it should be this one here but functional.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...07304199_o.jpg

im like 30-45 minutes from them. i actually inquire about the hood about 3 years ago and they said NO lol. they gave me a phone number to another local guy that does hood molding and he said he can do it but will cost close to $1000. i see on their web site they have a 5th gen monte hood, but not a 6th gen. don't know if some of you guys remember zzp used to have a hood on their drag gp, but zzp had their hood made by them.

here's a wsq hood i bought from them. paid like $900 shipped that's cuz my TA was at a shop out of state. every car is different so fitment might be an issue. as you can see in the pic there's some gaps around the hood area. will need to make some more adjustment.

http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/q...tt2004/tn6.jpg
http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/q...4/IMG_4014.jpg
http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/q...4/IMG_4015.jpg
http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/q...4/IMG_4016.jpg
http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/q...4/IMG_4017.jpg

i hope you guys can get enough people that are interest. i really like to see more cool ass hood for the 6th gen. not to bash on the other guy's mc, but i think it would look sick to have them make the hood look like this ram air hood. have it come all the way down to the end instead of the scoops stopping right in the middle center.
http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/q...4/IMG_3429.jpg
http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/q...4/IMG_3436.jpg

One Dark SS 03-28-2012 06:00 PM

i'm in

Mr Grizzly Mint 03-28-2012 08:08 PM

Yea they will only make it for me if I can get a group buy started. We get a discount because we are buying in bulk. Also Those vents on the top are heat extractors for inter coolers if im not mistaken. It would cost more to build the hood with those. I asked a bunch of companies about this and VFN is first company to say yea lets make a hood. I had to name drop montecarloforum.com tho.

Mr Grizzly Mint 03-29-2012 08:35 PM

Come on anyone else in on this? or know anyone who would want one? It will be a very unique item.

MONTE2000SS 03-29-2012 08:52 PM

Come on guys lets do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

milrlyt 03-30-2012 10:49 AM

Approximately how long would it take for these to be made? And when would payment be due?

ChibiBlackSheep 03-30-2012 10:52 AM

Typically with something like this, you are looking at the deposit when all 10 people say yes, and then usually a month turnaround and final payment before shipping.

milrlyt 03-30-2012 11:45 AM

That's so tempting. I have to hold out as long as I can due to financial reasons, but I'll keep checking back... this would be such a neat upgrade.

Mr Grizzly Mint 03-30-2012 10:04 PM

Yea once we hit 10 I will send a message to all who said "IM IN" only $100 due at that time. We all make the deposite and they get started. I am going to see If I can get them to drop the required number or cost if I give them my hood for the mold. The goal is by end of May we all make deposit.

turbo monte 03-31-2012 01:50 PM

good luck guys, i just sent my stock hood to the body shop to get a one off hood made a few weeks ago and it should be done soon but if i would of seen this post earlier i may of got one of these instead of doing what i am now. o well mine will be like no other lol

dan1313 03-31-2012 11:27 PM

I'm interested. Do you have an estimate of how much it would cost total?

Mr Grizzly Mint 03-31-2012 11:42 PM

515. 100 deposit, 415 after build + shipping. paint shop here quoted me 100-250 depending on how much finish work needed to be done. Or you can paint it yourself.

Mr Grizzly Mint 04-02-2012 10:27 PM

bumb 6 more.

Mr Grizzly Mint 04-03-2012 07:20 PM

bump look at pics, sweet hood.

red04montels 04-03-2012 08:35 PM

Do you have one drawn up yet?

The_Maniac 04-03-2012 10:15 PM

I don't see any pics or link for pics... Am I missing something???

superrod29 04-04-2012 02:56 AM

ill definitely keep looking back at this, selling a vehicle as we speak, would love to purchase one of these. how many more people do you need?

milrlyt 04-04-2012 12:23 PM

So here's the info

• Need 10 total to make this happen
  • Currently has 4 committed
  • $100 due by ~ end of May 2012
  • ~$415 + shipping when the hoods are ready
  • ~$120+ to paint the hood by a shop
  • this is a new product, so it's something unique
  • it is functional
  • Pics are on the first page
I think that covers it. Am I missing anything?

ChibiBlackSheep 04-04-2012 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by milrlyt (Post 443720)
[*]~$515 + shipping when the hoods are ready

$415 + shipping when hoods are ready, you already paid $100 with the deposit.

milrlyt 04-04-2012 12:57 PM

Oops I missed that. Thanks. Fixed

The_Maniac 04-04-2012 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by milrlyt (Post 443720)
  • Pics are on the first page

The only pics I saw on the front page were of an existing hood. I thought the one Mr. Grizzly is trying to get made will be a tad different then that one (plus functional)....

Mr Grizzly Mint 04-04-2012 05:24 PM

The hood is going to be a tad diffrent but it is an example. the wsq on page 2 is a VFN i am pretty sure. the bottom pic posted by nemisis is the actual ws-6 hood. The scoops would look like that. and yes it will be functional. If it goes further down the hood or not will be more or less a group decision I would like to see it go down to the curve in our hood like It does on a trans am and it would look sweet with the slp grill. I asked them to make a mock up drawing or If someone has photoshop help me out cus I dont have the tech.

red04montels 04-04-2012 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac (Post 443853)
The only pics I saw on the front page were of an existing hood. I thought the one Mr. Grizzly is trying to get made will be a tad different then that one (plus functional)....

that's what I thought also, if a company is making a fully functional hood or just making a good in general you would think they would have a CAD image or rough draw up?

Mr Grizzly Mint 04-04-2012 10:31 PM

I asked them to send me a pic so I could post it up. They have not sent it yet. I work alot so trying to talk to them via email. It takes a day or 2 for them to respond.

Mr Grizzly Mint 04-05-2012 10:10 PM

They responded.

"
Sure.
I understand :) ~

Might be best if you could do a photoshop or sketch at this time. It's been extremely crazy here and with being out in the shop all day, our guy wouldn't be able to do it. ~

However, before you put it out there for the forum members to see, could you please send it to me - and I can show him, just to make sure we're all on the same page or if there will need to be some modification in the design necessary in order to make it work with this particular hood.

Thanks!

Jean

So anyone got photo shop and give me a hand or should I do this with pen and paper? pm me if you want to help w photo shop.

red04montels 04-05-2012 10:46 PM

well isn't it supposed to be similar to the one already posted? if the builder is really going to make this they should have a draw up and idea of the channeling system

Mr Grizzly Mint 04-05-2012 10:54 PM

You were talking about pics of what it would look like. Yes it will look similar but they dont have it drawn up. They have probably 2 months before I hit 10 ppl. Do you think they would bother with drawing it now? So few ppl ask for custom 6th gen parts that no company even makes them. This is comparatively speaking of course.

red04montels 04-05-2012 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Grizzly Mint (Post 444592)
You were talking about pics of what it would look like. Yes it will look similar but they dont have it drawn up. They have probably 2 months before I hit 10 ppl. Do you think they would bother with drawing it now? So few ppl ask for custom 6th gen parts that no company even makes them. This is comparatively speaking of course.

If they really want the business support of those 10 people, then yes I would think they would have something drawn up. We've already had the discussion that there are tons of aftermarket parts for the 6th gens.

Any thoughts of heat extractors?

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/atta...erside-640.jpg

That would be the best hood to do them with..