Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Need 10 people for smoked tails....

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 01:08 PM

i agree on the white but on the red i think it would look a little off unless there was something done to the headlights. it would look unbalanced.

Old 09-25-2010, 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by Montecarloguy07
it would look great on a red monte though as well as my white i think...
it would look better on the white, but i dont think red would look that bad, if you didnt go overly dark and there are other spots of black on your car, IE - your windows, ground effects ( chin spoiler and rear valence ) ... on the LS1tech.com forums, look for a username MONTEWITHANLS4 ... i think ... he has a 7th gen ss thats red and blacked out ... looks freaking killer ... btw if your white monte was an SS ... id trade in a heartbeat, I've always wanted to "stormtrooper" a car and i think a monte would look killer ...

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
isnt nightshade the vht spry can stuff? he uses an actual gun and actual paint. you could have them done by any body shop though. his stuff is pretty nice though. makes me wish my car was black.
yeah i forget the actual paint mix but he uses clear coat mixed with like 10 percent black ... but in all honesty you can achieve nearly ( and i mean like 80-90 percent similarity ) the same exact thing with nite shades ... IMO - his efforts, although very nice, are not worth the money, which is why i didnt pay him ... and ive seen Don Rome's G8 ( you know, the guy who does the strut tower brackets ) whose taillights were done by flip. And even Don said you cant tell the difference in mine and his, only that mine are darker :p

save yourself the money and read my write up on how to do it properly ...

Old 09-25-2010, 03:56 PM

i gotta agree with the doc nightshades is sooo easy it comes out in an actual fan pattern just like a spray gun and looks exactly the same and is soooo much cheaper

Old 09-25-2010, 07:39 PM

I agree with doc. Don't be afraid to try niteshade. Its really easy if you follow the write-up drjesus wrote and can get a clean glossy look. But if you need a fool proof way of getting great smoked lights paying for it is worth it too for the look.