Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Smoked

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 11:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Smoked

So I'm on the beltway coming home around 9:30, and I'm cruising until I pull up on this small funny looking car...turns out it's a Lotus.....the guy looks at me and motions his hand like lets go....it's a straight shot for the next two miles and cops r never around so i floor it....we're even until the moment i get to maybe 102....in the blink of an eye he was 60 yards in front of me....all i could do was laugh and slow the down. It was wortha shot.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3674/EA566FD99AD9415898397FD327F73D53.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-11-2008, 11:59 PM
Default RE: Smoked

ive never seen one let alone race one that cool enough to be beat by one just to say you raced him

Old 02-12-2008, 12:16 AM

Haha. That was like the time I raced a Ford GT. The $300,000. There is one that lives by me, and he smoked me. A lotus would be fun to race too

Old 02-12-2008, 06:05 AM

Lotus are revered for there neutral balanced, light weight, cornering ability. Although underpowered, the SCCA classes them with Corvettes in AutoX classing.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:49 AM

[align=center]Hi `Joe,[/align][align=center]The Lotus is one of the auto's on my dream list to drive.[/align][align=center]I really like the ELise : )[/align][align=center]Oh, I also like your thumbnail pic in your post [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I also love to get next to fast cars, & see `if I can encourage them[/align][align=center]to jump on `it : )[/align][align=center]"To dare, to Dream"[/align][align=center][/align]

. [/align][/align][/align][/align]

2007 Lotus Cars
Click on any Lotus model name for more detailed vehicle information, including pictures, specs and reviews.

[/URL]
[align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

[URL=http://autos.yahoo.com/lotus_exige/]2007 Lotus Exige
MSRP: $56,990[/b] Invoice: Not Listed[/b]

Old 02-12-2008, 08:04 AM

At least you gave it a shot, Joe. No dishonor losing to a car that probably costs 5 - 10times as much as yours when new.Some of the folks on here could surely give him a run for his money, though.

Just curious if you see this, did you ever get your wheels put on?

Old 02-12-2008, 09:09 AM

There is a guy in my work building with a yellow Lotus, I tried to get him to go but no go. LOL He is an Older Gent so I guess he knows better LOL.
Istead my CEO ran me with his 06 750Li BMW. He thought he would beat me easy so he didn't launch too hard. SO he got it handed to him LOL. I Jumped about two cars from the start and stayed there, it was a short run to about 60-ish we came up on a red light.
It is a 360Hp rwd 4600lbs or more car. So even with a good launch it would have been close.
I should have raced him for some loot LOL. But he does not want to go anymore LOL.

Heavy Chevy what do you drive?

Old 02-12-2008, 10:14 AM

LK,
Please install a video camera in your SS, so you can share That would be SuperSuper..
I wash a neighbor's 750LI BMW..like the one below.
They are awesome cars : ) I hope you still have a `job, after you beat you CEO : )
BIG - BIG $$$$....

Old 02-12-2008, 10:27 AM

My CEO is a good sport even if he hates to lose. If he fired me who would help set up his Home wired and wireless networks, gadgets,and PBX's in his homes LOL. He has moved 3 times in 2 years.LOL. and still owns all the homes he lived in LOL.

The 750Li isone of theroomiest cars I have ever been in, especially the Back seat. And when you combine it with all the electronics in this thing, the power, the detail and finish and quality, it is one sweet ride.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:40 AM

no shame in being beat by them.
I used to play witht he frearies on the autobhan. they had two of them that came threw our area a few times. and you would be doing a buck 20 and they would come up next to you and slow enough to wave. LOL

had one once that asked me to pull over he wanted to see the american car that was abel to cruse at over 80mph. for a long period of time. LOL

we ran off out of the pickel park. he let me go proll at least a mile before i seen him come out sideways and getting it. I knew i was done for but it was still fun to see him come past you like this. his car was real nice but i never have seen a factory White with a white intereior again

Quick Reply: Smoked