Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

"Monte Carlo SS" on trunk lid

Old 11-25-2010, 04:13 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default "Monte Carlo SS" on trunk lid

Hello MCF,

I have a 2000 Monte Carlo SS and I was wondering if there was anyway to take off the two red S's after it says Monte Carlo on my trunk lid. I want to take them off because the second S has the bottom half missing. I plan on ordering two chrome S's to cover-up where the red ones are after I take them off.

Also, I was wondering if there is a proper way to take off the logo of the place where you bought the car. Mine says "Grovert" and it's kindof a sandpapery (if that's a word) sticker. I don't know if I should try to heat it off, or just go at it with my fingers and use something that can get sticker residue off.

Thanks for any, and all help.
Tyler

Old 11-25-2010, 06:47 PM

I took the dealer sticker off of my car with my fingernails very carefully and then used goo gone to get rid of the residue. The badge on my trunk instead of fingernails I soaked a piece of floss in goo gone and got it loose then pulled it the rest of the way off (it was a long badge though so I'd recommend just going all the way through with the floss on your SS badge) then used goo gone and a paper towel to get the residue off.

Old 11-25-2010, 11:37 PM

Luckily the dealer I got mine from didn't use stickers, they used plastic lettering than you can pop off easily. I de-badged my entire car but floss would not work for me it broke every 2 seconds. I just took a thin white string and slipped in behind. Then pick the remaining adhesive off until you're just left with the actual glue - heat it up really well with a hair dryer and put some goo gone on it - rub the crap out of it then hit it with the hose and some wax. Mine came off so well you wouldn't even be able to tell there was ever anything there.

Old 11-26-2010, 01:08 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Ill have to try that once it warms up here. Thanks!