Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

7th Gen ('06-'07): look look what i got from the salvage yard from a rear ended impalla

Old 09-06-2016, 03:38 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default look look what i got from the salvage yard from a rear ended impalla

halo with led with projector from a 2011 impala that has the same type of lenses like my monte. they work with the tail lights from a 6th gen and aluminum stock wheels. leather wrapped steering wheel with radio controls and leather wrapped shifter I am happy that it looks better than when I first got her. yes I admit the original aluminum wheels got stolen from the dealer when I got the recal from the steering pump and lines fixed under the recall. I am now waiting to do the interior driver and passenger seats that's it

Attached Thumbnails look look what i got from the salvage yard from a rear ended impalla-dscn0068.jpg   look look what i got from the salvage yard from a rear ended impalla-dscn0070.jpg   look look what i got from the salvage yard from a rear ended impalla-dscn0069.jpg   look look what i got from the salvage yard from a rear ended impalla-dscn0074.jpg   look look what i got from the salvage yard from a rear ended impalla-dscn0073.jpg  

look look what i got from the salvage yard from a rear ended impalla-dscn0072.jpg   look look what i got from the salvage yard from a rear ended impalla-dscn0076.jpg   look look what i got from the salvage yard from a rear ended impalla-dscn0075.jpg   look look what i got from the salvage yard from a rear ended impalla-dscn0077.jpg   look look what i got from the salvage yard from a rear ended impalla-dscn0078.jpg  

look look what i got from the salvage yard from a rear ended impalla-dscn0079.jpg  
Old 09-06-2016, 05:10 PM

Lucky!!

Old 09-06-2016, 05:20 PM
15 Year Member

I was unlucky on finding a seat when I seen those I was mine mine mine mine mine. all of the sudden I was one of those seagulls from finding nemo mine mine mine mine mine. as soon as I paid for them some one was asking about the same ones. I was like no no no there is none like this back there. I just need to find a way to do a clear type of a coat on it there is some spots on it like the original coating is coming off at some spots. like a clear coat type of thing for plastic to protect what is there and to seal it.

it seemed like the person didn't have the money till they had it and came back for them. the yard person said some one already got them and paid for them. but it is a rare to find some thing like that at the salvage yard. also bright news is the 6th gen tail lights can fit our 7th gen tail light area. the trunk lid strap is universal for both models as well as the cargo net. that's about it to my knowledge

Last edited by monte07; 09-06-2016 at 05:26 PM.
Old 09-06-2016, 05:49 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Nice find on those headlights! Especially in worth while condition!

Old 09-07-2016, 04:42 AM
15 Year Member
Default here is night version

when I came across those I was like mine. thank you guys. I am happy with them

Attached Thumbnails look look what i got from the salvage yard from a rear ended impalla-dscn0082.jpg   look look what i got from the salvage yard from a rear ended impalla-dscn0083.jpg  
Old 10-26-2016, 08:38 PM

Any idea what brand they are? How well are they working? I'm getting tired of Sylvania bulbs burning out every 9 months, so considering something Projector/LED...

Old 12-26-2016, 08:18 PM
15 Year Member

I have a question about the angel eyes on the headlights.

they burnt out how do I replace them? it is a bulb right and how can I replace them.

it looks like there from spyder Thirtybird the angel eye bulbs on the driver side just went out and they will not turn back on. so I don't know how to replace them if they do burn out.
it is one of the questions I wanted to ask.

Sylvania makes H1 bulbs for them so far no problems right now for the normal beam the highs are the same H1.

but I am stumped about the angel eye lights

Search this Thread