Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Lambo Doors - Are they worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 09:59 AM
Default Lambo Doors - Are they worth it?

Yeah so I am debating whether to buy lambo doors for my 03 Monte Carlo. I have seen the kits go for various prices. I also take into consideration if I can do it or not. And if I can't how much it's going to cost me to have someone else install it. What's your take on them?

Old 06-15-2012, 10:25 AM

Hi Grounded,
I presently don't know any active members that have lambo doors, but please check back on your question to see `if any of our member's have knowledge on the pro's & con's.

I know that we have member's that have them, but I have not seen them online lately...

Below is one site to check out + I would also do a google search on your subject & explore...You are wise to do your homework b-4 you buy & end up having buyer's remorse & find that you don't like them...

Good Luck & I hope a member can help you

http://www.torquecars.com/styling/lambo-doors.php
^ click

Last edited by Space; 06-15-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:28 AM

No experience with them myself. But I know that MCF member 'Wilco' has them. You may want to PM him and see what he has to say.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:28 AM

I'm gonna go ahead and say no. The cost for a good kit is astronomical and then you have to get it installed properly. 99% of the time when I see someone with Lambo doors they look half assed...

Old 06-15-2012, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Sparky-88
No experience with them myself. But I know that MCF member 'Wilco' has them. You may want to PM him and see what he has to say.

Thanks `Dave, you have a good memory...I was searching for member's with them, but could not remember the Member's User Name...Thanks for helping a member 4-Sure..

I think lambo doors can look good `if they are installed right & don't have problems. But, I think everyone should be able to do whatever they want to their ride, because it's their ride To each their own 4-Sure

Old 06-15-2012, 10:46 AM

They're actually not street legal so if it's a daily driver, you really should be avoiding it.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:49 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The doors on these cars a VERY HEAVY. You need a VERY strong kit, and even those kits can "bend" the doors a little.

I say not worth it.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:38 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Don't get me wrong, I think the SCISSOR door kits look great on these cars, but I'm going to have to say "no, it's not worth it". Reasons:
- You will want to buy a good kit and I usually see MOST kits being about $1000
- You have to install the kit, some, if not all for the Monte will require welding and changes to the body (you never see the change, but they are there). So who ever installs it needs to know what they are doing so the doors line up properly!
- There is no "wire extension kit", you SPLICE all the wires to lengthen them for the new way the doors open. And a good shop SHOULD soldier the wires. My concern is wires becoming damaged, improper length of the splices, will they pinch in the door, so on and so forth.
- If the doors are mis-aligned OR the lift cylinders start to weaken, will damage be done to the car.
- I've heard of costs up to $1000 to install them. That is $2000 in a mod that is only seen when leaving the doors open at a car show OR when you get in and out of the car. Sure it,s cool, but the risk of anything bad happening as a result of a $2000 mod sorta drives me a little crazy.
- If you find the kit is not working as planned, no easy "demod" path to take.

Old 06-15-2012, 02:08 PM

if you're really into it, but $1000 before installation?? I personally can think of many other mods I would do if i had a g.

Old 06-15-2012, 03:39 PM

buddy of mine had them on his car 03 monte carlo i think he payed $1,000 for the kid and about 500 to have them put on i will put them on my monte down the road when i have the money it looks bad@** on montes if you got the money i say do it just don't buy a cheap kit less then a grand...

Quick Reply: Lambo Doors - Are they worth it?