Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Hood Emblem

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 04:48 PM
1 Year Member
Default Hood Emblem

Hi.

I saw some water in my hood emblem, so I touched it and the front half fell right off! The black filling and paint are hopelessly melted and it looks lousy, so I don't feel like just sticking it back on.

I could paint it but I'd rather have a factory fresh one. Found a some new on Amazon and Ebay, but I'd rather not pay $40 just for one emblem. Also not going for buying another used one on Ebay unseen, when it could be just as bad as the one I took off.

Any other ideas where I could find one for a reasonable price? No good junkyards nearby.

Thanks

Last edited by CaptainDawson; 01-22-2018 at 04:52 PM.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:55 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I was just recently pricing that emblem for myself. With these cars being out of production for so long, I got thinking it might be good to order some of the emblems and badging (just in case something happens to them on my Monte).

I am working with ZSPOT to get the emblems and that front crest is about $40. Here's another site:
https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/auto-p...nts-front-scat

Given supply/demand and being out of production, these emblems are probably only going up in price. Your only other solution is having a company attempt to produce one. I believe Reflective Concepts made one for someone but it does not look nearly as nice as the OEM.

Old 01-27-2018, 10:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think I have a pretty cherry emblem tucked away. Looked for it briefly, thinking it is in my storage unit in a shoe box. Came off of my 02 in 08 an just sitting there, I will have no further need of it. Could look if you are interested, say $25 with free shipping. Going to eat shipping and then PAYPAL fees are pulled from the total too.

Old 01-28-2018, 04:11 PM
1 Year Member

That would be great! Is there any way you could take a picture of it first though? I just want to make sure it's at least in better condition than mine is.