Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 10:59 PM
Exclamation Headlights

Hey everyone I am new and I have little expertise in automotives so bear with me. I have been looking to upgrade my headlights to the nice bright blue headlights. I have been doing a lot of research and I was wanting someones input. I was debating on purchasing Halo Projection Headlights LED like this:
SPYDERŽ - Black Halo Projector Headlights with LEDs - 2006 Chevy Monte Carlo Spyder Halo Led Projector Headlights - Spyder PRO-YD-CHIP06-HL-BK

Or just go with a HID conversion kit. However with the conversion kit I believe I would have to buy two because the 2006 Monte Carlo has a H11 highbeam and a H9 low beam. I think those are the right numbers. So in reality they would be pushing close to the same price depending on where I buy them. Which I do want some type of warranty incase they fail in a short time.

Also I was wondering with the Halo Projection LED would those be as bright as a HID conversion? Also would replacing the bulb in the Halo be easy or extremely difficult?
Okay I think I will leave it at this because I have already wrote a lot. Can some one please help?

THANKS!!

Old 09-24-2011, 11:02 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm assuming you have an 06?

From what I've heard people haven't had the best results with the halo projector headlights but you can always open them up and reseal them.

A lot of people around here have gotten the depo headlights and loved them but they're not projectors or halos, a retrofit in those could potentially be really cool!

Old 09-24-2011, 11:33 PM

Yes I do have an 06. I looked at those depo headlights and what is the difference between them and the stock? Just color? I am looking for something that will definitely last and stable. I have looked back and forth about different versions and do not know what to pick. I also notice CCFL and just regular Halo. I have read some places say that CCFL is less stable and not as bright but they are more expensive and some places say they are better. So at this point I am confused.

Old 09-25-2011, 12:08 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by bmuncy89
Yes I do have an 06. I looked at those depo headlights and what is the difference between them and the stock? Just color? I am looking for something that will definitely last and stable. I have looked back and forth about different versions and do not know what to pick. I also notice CCFL and just regular Halo. I have read some places say that CCFL is less stable and not as bright but they are more expensive and some places say they are better. So at this point I am confused.
yep just the color. they look great but i am experiencing some issues with one of them leaking on my car so i dont think they are quite as high quality as the stock ones

Old 09-25-2011, 12:58 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
yep just the color. they look great but i am experiencing some issues with one of them leaking on my car so i dont think they are quite as high quality as the stock ones
you may want to check warranty, from what I hear they're pretty good with warranty returns, but I could be wrong.

Old 09-25-2011, 01:03 AM
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by trewyn15
you may want to check warranty, from what I hear they're pretty good with warranty returns, but I could be wrong.
i did check and they pissed me off. told me they could give me 10% another order since i was over the 3 month period...but i have driven the car about 2000 miles and havent got much use out of them .

i think i will call them instead of email and maybe get a different answer.

Old 09-25-2011, 01:19 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
i did check and they pissed me off. told me they could give me 10% another order since i was over the 3 month period...but i have driven the car about 2000 miles and havent got much use out of them .

i think i will call them instead of email and maybe get a different answer.
you should try that and let the rest of us know how it goes!

Old 09-27-2011, 04:41 PM
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by trewyn15
you should try that and let the rest of us know how it goes!
i got the same answer...guess if mine keep leaking i will try the projectors out or something. i dont really want to buy another set of depos if they wont help me out.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:08 PM

HID bulbs run 80 and up. and usually you can't wait to get a headlight because of the ticket u cud get at night or in the rain. i wouldn't convert anything to HID. blue lights are annoying i think. ur car was prob made in canada but its still american. get something superwhite. a lot of ppl list what they got in the mod list. check there. personally i'd stay stock or get an xtra bright white from a local parts place