Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Had a wierd idea....

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 02:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

see the 7th gen is alright except i hate how it looks like an impala on the front and i hate the "star" look in the tailights. it drives me crazy when i'm sitting behind one at night in traffic! oh and i think its absolutely gay that they took the monte carlo logo "knights crest" off of the 7th gen...what was the point in that? the knights crest should have most def been on the 7th gen either on the trunk of on the grill. but anyway sorry about my lil rant there lol i'd say do whatever you wanna do...i think it would most def be unique if you put a 6th gen front bumper on it but yeah it's gonna cost a lot probably

Old 12-13-2009, 02:19 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by demonspeeder1
I'm definitely doing the Knights Crest at some point.... once I figure out how. I'm thinking a custom grille and Just find a Crest somewhere.
Very cool - I don't think it would be that difficult especially if you come up with an idea of a custom grill.

Old 12-14-2009, 11:09 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Originally Posted by zipper
I know that I'm going to get some people upset when I say this, but I think that the 06-07 Monte's look WAY better than the 00-05's. I don't know what it is about it, but the 06 and 07's just look good to me, while the rest of the 6th gens are kinda blah to me. You can however make it look like the old ones if you replace the fenders, hood, front bumper and headlights (and maybe a few more misc things). I say leave it like it is because it's sexy right now but if you don't, at least you'll surprise a lotta people with that V8 rumble, lol.
Agree 100%.

If you wanted to change the front end to a 6th gen you'd be looking at fenders, hood, bumper, headlights, foglights and paint... Not worth it!

Old 12-14-2009, 11:23 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's super easy to get that 6th Gen look.

For about $3000-$4000 you can buy a used 6th Gen in blue :P

Old 12-14-2009, 09:54 PM

found a body shop that can do the crest on my car but it will be painted on the hood. i think i will git the hood that i want the ram air one and have them paint it and do the crest on the new hood. i think it will make it look so sexxxxxyyyyyyyyy

Old 12-14-2009, 11:11 PM
Default front end swap.

.....No offense taken. When I was looking for a MC. I really thought
about a 7th Gen. The front end lines are smoother and maybe a little more refined but to me it just looked to GM generic and like a
Impala. There should've been a Knight's crest or even a SS emblem
for the grill. But I was also looking at cost and my income. The 6th gen's front end just seems to have more character about it. There
is no right or wrong....it's just a matter of choice. I haven't liked
the Camaros since 91. The new one is growing on me but I don't want
one.

Old 12-15-2009, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by nascar43
.....No offense taken. When I was looking for a MC. I really thought
about a 7th Gen. The front end lines are smoother and maybe a little more refined but to me it just looked to GM generic and like a
Impala. There should've been a Knight's crest or even a SS emblem
for the grill. But I was also looking at cost and my income. The 6th gen's front end just seems to have more character about it. There
is no right or wrong....it's just a matter of choice. I haven't liked
the Camaros since 91. The new one is growing on me but I don't want
one.
took the words outta my mouth

Old 12-15-2009, 09:37 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Personally when the "new" body style came out in 06 for both the Monte and the Impala, that is when I became really attracted to them. I like the front end of the 7th gens, I would not change it.

Ever since I got my Monte, the 6th gen has grown on me a lot. I would own one of those too!

Personally, I like both styles, but I would never change my 7th gen front end to a 6th gen front end. Nor would I change a 6th gen front end into a 7th...Leave it alone, thats my opinion.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:55 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by MAMONTE
Ever since I saw Mod Mike's Monte, the 6th gen has grown on me a lot. I would own one of those too!
Fixed it for you

Old 12-15-2009, 10:58 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

HAHAHA! Nice Mike!

Quick Reply: Had a wierd idea....