Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Had a wierd idea....

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 01:43 PM
5 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Had a wierd idea....

So I was at the local general store filling up the car today when a lady pulled in with her 2005 Monte Carlo SS. She got out of the car and I gave her a nod and she returned it and then I went in to pay for my gas, she comes in and says "I'm jealous", and I said "oh, what? my car?", She's like "Yeah", so we stood there for awhile talking about Monte Carlos for a good 30 minutes and I was telling her that the only gripes I have with mine are the generic front end, front wheel drive, and how they were only available in automatic... after our chat I was watching her car drive out of the parking lot and got a little idea: What if I put the 6th gen front end on my Monte? Could it be done? If it could I think it would be pretty cool. Opinions? Thanks.

Old 12-12-2009, 04:30 PM

lol try it.
I have a 'gripe' about my 04.
When i push the lever to clean my windshield.. it swings maybe twice before windshield fluid to come out, i much rather have the fluied come from the hood like other cars, and have the water hit the windshield and allow me to control the spray rather than the automated spray and wipe that my monte does.

Sorry if that didn't make sense lol.

Old 12-12-2009, 04:42 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I know that I'm going to get some people upset when I say this, but I think that the 06-07 Monte's look WAY better than the 00-05's. I don't know what it is about it, but the 06 and 07's just look good to me, while the rest of the 6th gens are kinda blah to me. You can however make it look like the old ones if you replace the fenders, hood, front bumper and headlights (and maybe a few more misc things). I say leave it like it is because it's sexy right now but if you don't, at least you'll surprise a lotta people with that V8 rumble, lol.

As far as Jomao's thing about the windshield fluid, I removed my washer fluid container like 3 years ago or so, and I haven't missed it since.

Old 12-12-2009, 05:18 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

i say go for it, just remeber its not gonna be cheap to swap fronts, over 3gs before paint to do it for sure but it deff be a sick car when done & will deff suprise alot of ppl with it

Old 12-12-2009, 05:58 PM

I don't know if I'll really do it... just a random idea I thought I'd share. My aunt has an 04 SS so when I get the chance I'll park them next to each other and do some comparing. I just like how the 6th gens had there own unique look while 7th gens just have a different bumper then the Impalas... and yeah it would definitely work as a kinda sleeper set up. I don't know. Haha.

Old 12-12-2009, 08:05 PM

thats rediculous in my mind, our gens do look better(no offensive) than 6th gens. but if you really decide, ill take your front spoiler off your hands!

Old 12-12-2009, 08:56 PM

I know where you're coming from. haha. It looks good, don't get me wrong, I just toy with ideas and if it happens it happens. Probably won't though because you need money for that and (as much as I wish it did sometimes) money doesn't grow on trees. I don't know. We'll see what happens I suppose.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:43 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I really like how your front end lookso n the 6 1/2 or 7 gen whatever you wanna call it. If you want to make it less generic do some grill changing and get some black halo headlights.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:48 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The only thing that bugs me about the 6 1/2 front end is the gold bow tie on the front. I think it would look much better if they kept the knight's crest on it. And I kinda do like the projector style after market headlights - I wish I could do that to my car.

Old 12-13-2009, 01:34 PM

I'm definitely doing the Knights Crest at some point.... once I figure out how. I'm thinking a custom grille and Just find a Crest somewhere.

Quick Reply: Had a wierd idea....