Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Got in an accident!!! :-(

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 11:50 PM
Angry Got in an accident!!! :-(

As some of you all might know I just got my Monte back up and running perfectly she has been driving smooth as ever and the ride has been the most enjoyable its ever been. Well yesterday in Macomb, IL where I go to school about 4 hours away from Chicago, we had a pretty bad snow/ice storm.

While driving down the highway doing 70 mph my HOOD came up from my car smacked my windshield and completely blinded me! Panicking I slam on my brakes not being able to see anything I swerve on the icey road and into a ditch I go!! It had to be the scariest moment of my life! I was shaking and everything my car was still running I turn it off get out pull my hood back down as far as it would go and drive to a safe area with my head out the window to see. Turn the car off call my job to call of work(thats were I was heading) then called Geico.

While on the phone with Geico the person I got was so-so as far as help goes. They couldnt find me a tow because of the weather and told me to call the police and have them find me one! Now im pissed because im in a cold car been sitting for over 30 min. By the time the police came I had been sitting for an hour the police took forever because they were looking for a little girl that had been kidnapped. The cop on the scene was not a friendly person at all and didnt seem like he really wanted to help. He couldnt right me a police report because I did not hit anyone instead he gave me and incident report called the tow company and left while I waited for another 20 min for a tow to come!

Geico had me tow the car to my house instead of body shop so that the claims adjustor could come out and access the damage. So today after I had faxed the incident report and proof of tow to Geico I called Geico and made them aware that the claims adjustor did not contact me yet. While on the phone the lady informed me that the adjustor would not come out instead I have to get the car towed to a body shop have them take pictures and access the damage then fax that to them and then we will go from there THEY INFORMED ME OF THIS AT 7 PM I WAS OFF TODAY AND ONLY HAD ONE CLASS THEREFORE I COULD HAVE GOT THIS DONE TODAY HAD THE INFORMED ME EARLIER!!!!!!!!!

Now im completely pissed and have to wait until Thursday the next day im off to get this done and taking care of! I told them about how inconveniencing this is and asked could I get a rental car. They informed me that this is not included in my policy and I would have to pay for it out off pocket( im 21 and will have to pay young driver fees on top of the rental)

Overall the experience has been a bad one the hood right fender and bumper are completely messed up, I have a huge crack in my windshield, the top of my car is severely dented and my alignment im pretty sure is all out of whack
ILL POST PICS TOMORROW OF THE DAMAGE

Old 02-15-2012, 12:06 AM

I absolutely HATE dealing with the insurance, even with simple things like making payments.

Glad you're safe though, sounds like one scary event. Hope it works out for you.

Old 02-15-2012, 12:09 AM

Man I was so pissed sitting there in a cold car with rain and snow getting into my engine bay because I cant close the hood I dont know what to do If I get it fixed how do I know i might not have some electrical problems later due to the weather and crap. Im completely stressed out ill be happy when its over

Old 02-15-2012, 12:56 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

dang sounds like a bad one, are you thinking it's going to be a total loss?

Old 02-15-2012, 01:37 AM

Man ur middle name is gotta be bad luck. By what u said its a total loss the roof is a beach to fix and costs the most to fix since they can't replace it they'll have to do manual labor which is expensive. Thankfully ur not banged up and ditch geico, i did!

Old 02-15-2012, 06:35 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Glad your not hurt and good luck with the repairs. If your worried about the engine bay you should cover it up. You should be able to pick up a 10x10 tarp for a few bucks.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:12 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow that sucks. We have Citizens Insurance they have always been so nice to us. Like family. ronda has had them for over 20 some years and got me on them. They where fast, fair and reasonable. We have totaled two cars in the last 13 years one by a deer. they always gave me above blue book value for the cars

Sorry you have had such suckie luck ....That lil Gecko needs to be made fish bait.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:08 AM

Monte Of The Month -- September 2011
2011 Monte Of The Year
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Damn man that sucks it's good that you're ok though
How did your hood come up to begin with?

Old 02-15-2012, 08:12 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

That totally sucks and I'm glad you are OK.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Franks 03SS
Damn man that sucks it's good that you're ok though
How did your hood come up to begin with?
I was completely shocked that it did it only thing I can think of is that the shop that worked on my car didnt latch the hood on correctly!

Originally Posted by trewyn15
dang sounds like a bad one, are you thinking it's going to be a total loss?
I have no idea guess we will have to just wait and see tomorrow when I go to the shop. Hopefully nothings wrong with the frame cuz I know that get extremely expensive

Originally Posted by Habbibie
Man ur middle name is gotta be bad luck. By what u said its a total loss the roof is a beach to fix and costs the most to fix since they can't replace it they'll have to do manual labor which is expensive. Thankfully ur not banged up and ditch geico, i did!
I literally just switched to Geico from Progressive about a month ago

THANX TO ALL FOR THE GOOD WISHES ILL DEF KEEP YOU ALL POSTED ON WHAT GOING ON

Quick Reply: 6th Gen ('00-'05): Got in an accident!!! :-(