Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.
View Poll Results: See post #12 Colors
Orange and white like 1st photo
40.91%
1st Photo but Gray instead of orange/Black instead of white/Silver instead of black=flagging
9.09%
Purple and white
4.55%
Gray instead of purple-Black instead of white/Silver striping following the two tone lines
9.09%
orange and white like the purple and white
0%
purple and white like the orange and white
13.64%
throw them all in the crapper
22.73%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Going to paint

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 07:38 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

the orange one is nice if you are going for a pace car replica. if you aren't gonna put the graphics & everything on it then I say just go for that solid grey color, to me that grey looks absolutely amazinggg on montes! Almost as good as black :p i would not do that orange as solid bcuz imo it would look too bright & it reminds me of montes i see running around in the city if you catch my drift...

Old 06-14-2011, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by SpinEm_90
the orange one is nice if you are going for a pace car replica. if you aren't gonna put the graphics & everything on it then I say just go for that solid grey color, to me that grey looks absolutely amazinggg on montes!
I agree completely. I think the pace car idea would be awesome if you follow it through completely. But that dark gray looks pretty cool, too.

i would not do that orange as solid bcuz imo it would look too bright & it reminds me of montes i see running around in the city if you catch my drift...
Would those Montes happen to be jacked up on 20 something inch rims? Lol

Old 06-14-2011, 09:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Originally Posted by mogwog
I agree completely. I think the pace car idea would be awesome if you follow it through completely. But that dark gray looks pretty cool, too.

Would those Montes happen to be jacked up on 20 something inch rims? Lol
Yeah that dark grey is gorgeous & doesn't seem to be very common, at least around here. & actually try more like 24+ it's horrible

Old 06-14-2011, 10:12 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by drmrgal
I voted to throw them all in the crapper.personally I prefer solid color cars,I don't normally care for all does graphics.as you know im going through a repaint as well and im going solid red with a touch of gold pearl.but its always a matter of personal taste when it comes to paint jobs.if your hung ho on painting it similar to the one in the pictures id personnally go with pic #2.maybe go with a green and silver or a green and yellow striping to seperate the purple and white.like I said that's just my opinion.can't wait to see it when its done.

I originaly wanted that. But the red and orange dots.. Just cant get over that. As some may know. I have a certain love afair with pace cars

Old 06-14-2011, 10:19 PM
5 Year Member

the orange one is nice if you are going for a pace car replica. if you aren't gonna put the graphics & everything on it then I say just go for that solid grey color, to me that grey looks absolutely amazinggg on montes! Almost as good as black :p i would not do that orange as solid bcuz imo it would look too bright & it reminds me of montes i see running around in the city if you catch my drift...

Absolutely would be 100% Pace car graphics and all. I have them all except the door sticker. I will have to have that made. About 450$. Looking around, but don't think I'll do better than that. As for the grey. YUK!! I hate it!! Most people love it. Rare as it may be, its got to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Right now I have my 01 pace car interior in it just to make it were I won't hate driving it. 16's from the 01 going on her too. Then there is no need for a drop kit. Or maybe there is.

As some know my love affair with the Monte Carlo Pace Cars. Now that I'm down to one. That I wont drive on the street unless I'm getting paid for it. (YA right) Strictly Show. So I need a pace car to cruse in. So purple or orange. I think I'm throwing out the idea of any gray combination.

Thanks to everybody who has voted so far. Please vote if you have not. No vote or why you voted the way you did will be questioned. I just want people to say HAY!!!!!!!!! look at that Monte. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet. The only way that will happen is first I need approval from my fellow Monte nuts.

Last edited by bblackstone; 06-14-2011 at 10:30 PM. Reason: skrcoiauhfioaerfinesruierh
Old 06-14-2011, 10:39 PM

Yeah that dark grey is gorgeous & doesn't seem to be very common, at least around here. & actually try more like 24+ it's horrible
I've only seen a few - my brother-in-laws buddy has one. During the day they look real nice! Of course you can't beat a nice black Monte w/ silver grounds, freshly washed and waxed. I wouldn't mind having one myself . And believe me, I see the rim thing ALL the time. I work in Cleveland. Some of these people probably put more into their rims than they did in their house. It's pretty bad sometimes.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:19 AM
5 Year Member

[quote=mogwog;333351 Of course you can't beat a nice black Monte w/ silver grounds, freshly washed and waxed. I wouldn't mind having one myself . And believe me,.[/quote]

Thanks rub in the Black thing!!:p I would go Black but I did that already.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:27 AM

That orange sounds real unique, I have a kinda dark grey Monte, and was gonna paint mine green with white rims, but I strayed from that, for obvious reasons, lol, I am not much into huge decals. But it is your car, I am sure you will choose the best choice, but I love the grey. And on the rim thing, it is not my style, but sometimes it is tasteful, and other times it is over the top

Old 06-15-2011, 10:11 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by t.s.b
That orange sounds real unique, I have a kinda dark grey Monte, and was gonna paint mine green with white rims, but I strayed from that, for obvious reasons, lol, I am not much into huge decals. But it is your car, I am sure you will choose the best choice, but I love the grey. And on the rim thing, it is not my style, but sometimes it is tasteful, and other times it is over the top

LOLO ya! Rims will be 16s from the 01. NO 21s for me. Besides being white as rice, just not my style. I'm into low profile.

Brings me to another question. How rough is it after installing a drop spring kit. Is it as bad as the old muscle cars from the 60s?

Old 06-16-2011, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by bblackstone
LOLO ya! Rims will be 16s from the 01. NO 21s for me. Besides being white as rice, just not my style. I'm into low profile.

Brings me to another question. How rough is it after installing a drop spring kit. Is it as bad as the old muscle cars from the 60s?
Lol, I am black and people say I am white cause I won't do it, I don't have anything against it it is just not my style. But I will go as big as 19's, but I am not too sure about low pro's, even though it does look nice, as long as they hold the road, looking nice can come last. Lol, but now for the other question, I won't be able to answer that.... I would think of it to be a lot smoother, but that depends on the set up you get, I suppose. I plan to drop mine mildly, for function and for a bit of looks.

Quick Reply: Going to paint