Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

future of monte carlo customizing.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 09:33 PM

i will love to find the night crest for my monty and i amclose on finding a custim shop down heare to do the lambo doors. i keep forgetting uniqe auto sports is also in miami as well as up north. i just have to take some time and go see what they say on the suicide doors.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:38 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default future of monte carlo customizing.....

well, i hear you on the badge idea, never realized it until i joined here! but lets not stray away from the original post!!

Today, 09:06 PM
t.s.b

future of monte carlo customizing.....
......i am thinking gull wing doors.

=]

now i hear that they are a bit heavy. and i believe they will require a lot of wrk to get on. even withthe bolt ons.

but i do think t will be really cool. becaus there is no way in hell to do suicide. =\
team monte carlo #1

Old 11-20-2009, 09:46 PM

True. But yeah. If you want to put the effort and money into it..GO FOR IT! I'd like to see the end result.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:30 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- November 2009
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte07
you can do a suicide to the monty carlo you would have to make custim wireing for the speacers and every thing in the doors and make custime hinges as well. it is hard to find some one willing to do it for our heavy as>>>>ll doors but will look cool for a off set monty carlo. it will make it a one of a kind and you will have braggin rights
andys customs universal suicide door kits

Attached Thumbnails future of monte carlo customizing.....-sm__suicidedoors.jpg  
Old 11-21-2009, 01:21 PM

to me gull doors wouldnt work in a tight space like above said, but lambo doors would work since they swing straight up into a 90* angle unlike the gull. if i had the money, i would be doing the samething. forget what everyone thinks, its your freakin car! mod the **** out of it how you see fit

Old 11-21-2009, 03:26 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Im not sure how well gullwing doors would work, the top bar above the window definitely wouldnt be able to support the rest of our big doors. If you could somehow pull it off though it would look amazing.

Old 11-21-2009, 04:24 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by demonspeeder1
I want to replace the Monte Carlo letters in the back of my 06 with the classic cursive font and I'd like to figure out how to get the Knight Crest on the front. Don't know why they did away with that.
They did away with the cursive font and went with the block lettering that was becoming the standard on other Chevy models.

The reason for the Knight's Crest demise is open for opinion. But I think they did away with it in an effort to make the Monte look more like a two door Impala. In an effort to boost sales.

I like the look of Gull Wing doors. More than I do Lambo doors. On a Monte, I think suicide doors would be easier and more practical than gull wing doors though.

The main problem with gull wing doors is parking. A lot of people here (including myself) have a common problem. You park way out in the back of a parking lot to stay away from other cars. And when you return to your car, you find people parked next to you. Inches away from your doors. With standard doors, I can still open the door part way and still squeeze my fat *** into the car.

With gull wing doors, if people park next to you like that, you ain't getting in your car. Period. Unless you want to climb through your trunk. If you can. Depending whether you have amps/subs in the way.

Old 11-21-2009, 04:48 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Id take off the next cars lug nuts lol.

Old 11-21-2009, 04:59 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- November 2009
3 Year Member

I like my doors and I ain't changin em' no sir I ain't......If God intended the Monte to have wings ...well damn it ehr!!! they would have beeen born with em...... It would be like Silver wearing a dress...Just not right!

Old 11-23-2009, 01:16 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

hahahahahahaha all you guys comments were alsome.

ther is one person on this forum with the lambo set up, and i saw a guy at the mall with the setup.

i like the gull wing idea better then the lambo, if the lambo ent up staraight and did not swing out.

but when i park i always park as far away from other cars as possible, but iwas just thinking that would look cool.

i knew a girl with the knight crest on her monte, when i first got my monte, she would take breakes the same time i dd so she can drive around in it. lol

she went out and got her a mont a week after i got mine, and hers had the crest on it, i like the crest.

now you got to support the door up top....that is something to think about. i was just thinking it was very cool.

but if i was to do suicide. that would be horriblein the rain i think. but i dont make alot of money, so this is just me thinking of things to do with my car. oh and i hear ya if it is your car do what the heck you want, cuz in theend you got to drivr it. lol

thz yall. gull wngs......awesome. i am just drooling right now. =]

Quick Reply: future of monte carlo customizing.....