Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Fresh paint and a new look

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 12:22 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Talking Fresh paint and a new look

Hey everyone,

Finally sent my car in for paint and quarter panel rust fix yesterday. It may be done by Friday, but if not, definitely Saturday. I just wanted to get this thread started so that once I get her back and put the new spoiler, decals, and emblems on, I can post some pics. Can't wait to see it!!!

It will be the stock color, but of course fresh paint always looks better than 10-year-old paint. Also, I will be putting on the ducktail-style spoiler instead of the ugly pancake it came with, hash marks on the fenders, and blacked out Camaro-style "SS" emblems on the doors and trunk (like the 7th gen), a blacked out bowtie on the trunk, a black custom made "SS" vinyl for the front license plate cover, and also a custom made calligraphy "Monte Carlo SS" vinyl for the rocker panel door sills.

Old 06-18-2013, 02:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Big step, ponying up for a new paint job. Bet it's going to make a remarkable diifference in it's presentation. Will be nice to see when all your exterior appearance mods are completed. I like the Duck tail spoilers, just more of a functional look to me. Can't wait to see it!!

Old 06-25-2013, 01:48 PM

Well, the paint shop ran into a couple unforeseen problems while prepping it for paint, so it won't be done until later this week, hopefully Thursday or Friday. But I did paint the new emblems and I figured I'd post a pic of them. I masked off the chrome on the bowtie, and I painted the SS emblems completely, then used Q-tips and goof-off to take the paint off the chrome. I think they turned out rather nice. I was thinking about making them super glossy, but I really like the semi-gloss look, so I only put two coats of paint on.

Attached Thumbnails Fresh paint and a new look-130624_0000.jpg  
Old 06-25-2013, 08:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

The emblems look great. I'd like to get mine painted someday. probably after its done being a daily driver

Old 06-25-2013, 09:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

Emblems look awesome!! I can't wait to see pics when you get it back from the body shop!!

Old 08-05-2013, 08:46 PM

Alright everyone. Drumroll please.....lol sorry it took me so ling, but I figured it would be best to wait until I was able to buff it out and detail it after the paint set in, and I also have gotten it lowered as well as the new spoiler and emblems. She's all done except for the fender hash mark stripes and windshield decal. But our cars are always a work in progress...always something to improve.

Anyway, you can see in my avatar and new signature pic the (for now) finished product. To see the full transformation and more pics, please view my garage page. I would really appreciate it if even a couple of you could take a look at them. It will be worth your time, I think. Thank you everybody! Any comments and opinions are very welcome!

Old 08-06-2013, 06:20 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Your Monte is lookin' good. You chose some nice settings for the pics.

Old 08-06-2013, 06:30 AM

Looks Super Super `Joe
Thanks for sharing with your Monte Carlo Family

Old 08-08-2013, 03:22 PM

Thanks a lot guys! My friend, Ashley, did the picture taking/editing and chose a couple of the locations. We were out for nearly 4 hours finding cool spots and making a photo shoot out of it lol I am so satisfied with how she looks now. A big step in a new direction for the Monte

Old 08-08-2013, 05:51 PM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014

Looks great!

Quick Reply: 6th Gen ('00-'05): Fresh paint and a new look