Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Fog Light Brackets 6th Gen

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010 | 02:23 PM
|
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
10 Year Member
Default Fog Light Brackets 6th Gen

Anyone with 6th gen foglights and brackets, do you have pictures of the bracket? or could anyone help me out by taking a picture of the bracket? im looking for one thats on the car, so i know how to mount mine. thanks!

Old 11-03-2010 | 03:22 PM

hey there. I should have a few pics on hand when i get home later tonight from work. I took pics when I installed my strobe lights. I will see what I got and will let you know when I have them uploaded

Old 11-03-2010 | 03:25 PM
|
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Monteboy03
hey there. I should have a few pics on hand when i get home later tonight from work. I took pics when I installed my strobe lights. I will see what I got and will let you know when I have them uploaded
alright cool, thanks, do you know if on the ls bumpers if they have the right stuff on them to just apply the brackets and screw in the screw?

Old 11-03-2010 | 10:32 PM

all it is on these bumpers is a couple plastic tabs that are mended on that the fog light bracket attaches on with metal tabs. I never looked on my LS Monte Carlo to see if I had these tabs. There is just one screw that attaches to the front side of the bumper on the upper corner of the fog lamp. There should be an indentation in the plastic. just remove your headlight and look down the bumper to see if there are any tabs around the inside of the fog light area. there are two of them

Last edited by Monteboy03; 11-03-2010 at 10:44 PM.
Old 11-03-2010 | 10:52 PM
Default Heres a pic of the fog lamp assembly

Heres a pic of the fog lamp assembly

Attached Thumbnails Fog Light Brackets 6th Gen-getimage.php-1-.jpg  
Old 11-03-2010 | 11:00 PM
|
10 Year Member

do you know if i have to screw through the bumper? i have the assembly in front of me now but it looks like i have to screw through the bumper

Old 11-04-2010 | 06:08 AM

There is already a mounting hole drilled in the bumper for the brackets whether they came stock or not. The only thing you need to do is remove (cut) the vents out. Open the hood, remove the headlight assemblies and look down to where the fogs mount. You'll see the two tabs that are molded into the inside of the bumper. Those tabs correspond with mounting slots in the brackets. The only thing you need to do next is figure out how you're going to power them, as there's no harness for them. And remember, our BCM isn't set to power them so you'll have to hook them up to a toggle switch (or park lights).

Old 11-04-2010 | 06:48 AM
|
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Paul1965
There is already a mounting hole drilled in the bumper for the brackets whether they came stock or not. The only thing you need to do is remove (cut) the vents out. Open the hood, remove the headlight assemblies and look down to where the fogs mount. You'll see the two tabs that are molded into the inside of the bumper. Those tabs correspond with mounting slots in the brackets. The only thing you need to do next is figure out how you're going to power them, as there's no harness for them. And remember, our BCM isn't set to power them so you'll have to hook them up to a toggle switch (or park lights).
i was going to try and figure out how to use the stock fog light switch, or drill a hole for a toggle switch. but that sounds easy enough should be a nice 1 day project after i install the new tails, thanks guys!

Old 11-04-2010 | 09:06 AM

I posted a month or so ago about my installation of the fogs. The factory switch is only a momentary switch that sends a ground signal to the BCM, the BCM then commands the fogs on or off. What I did was power a toggle switch off the park light circuit, tee the signal into the LED indicator of the factory fog switch (just so it lights up when they're on), then out to the fogs.

Old 11-04-2010 | 09:27 AM
|
10 Year Member

isnt the factory switch just a toggle switch basically?

Quick Reply: Fog Light Brackets 6th Gen