Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Exhaust Question.

Old 09-06-2015, 08:30 PM
Default Exhaust Question.

Hey guys, i plan on getting a new exhaust system for my MC ls. But with it being a ls (3400) it only has one exhaust tip, and muffler. But if i look in the back it seems like there's room for one to be put on the other side. So my question is, can i get a dual exhaust system type thing. Sorry for the vagueness, it's only my first car.

Old 09-07-2015, 09:02 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Your car is capable of the same dual exhaust as the SS model. It simply requires a new Y pipe and the second muffler (basically replacing the stuff from behind the cat). Not a big deal.
I would also recommend removing the resonator if possible. On a 3400, you probably will never notice the difference.

Old 09-07-2015, 09:35 AM

okay thanks so much.

Old 09-10-2015, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Nik_Paga05 View Post
Hey guys, i plan on getting a new exhaust system for my MC ls. But with it being a ls (3400) it only has one exhaust tip, and muffler. But if i look in the back it seems like there's room for one to be put on the other side. So my question is, can i get a dual exhaust system type thing. Sorry for the vagueness, it's only my first car.

I believe the only difference is your rear bumper cover only has one molded cut out for the exhaust tip instead of 2 like the SS.

Old 09-10-2015, 12:14 PM

Nope LS has same exact rear bumper as SS

Old 09-14-2015, 06:15 AM

You also need to install a hanger on the driver side and put the y-pipe.

Search this Thread
Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.