Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

driver side door handle assembly

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 10:33 AM
Default driver side door handle assembly

I'm looking at an 04 ss locally and something odd caught my eye. I was checking the car head to toe and i noticed the lock wasn't sitting in the door right. it looked like the whole lock cylinder was pushed in some cus i could see a gap between the lock and the plastic door handle thingy. i looked under the handle and the door handle wasn't sitting flush with the door. it also looks like someone took a screwdriver and dented the metal around there and tried to pry the lock out. it wouldn't suprise me since the car is on a lot in a not so nice part of town.

here's a bad pic of it. i'm sure you guys can making something of it. needless to say, i don't think im gonna go back to that car lot.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:22 PM

yup, thats an attempted break in all right..they even broke the handle under the lock. the tension retianer behind it prolly got bent aswell resulting in the cylinder pushed in

we get that all the time at our body shop... my guess is something else caught his eye and he stopped... look elsewhere for a car lol

Old 06-25-2009, 09:23 PM

yeah everything looked good on the car till i saw that and thought damn

oh well, im gonna look a better one with less miles tomorrow. the guy wanted to much anyways