Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.
View Poll Results: Which Hood?
#1 C5 Ramair design
80.00%
#2 durflx
20.00%
#3 AA ss hood
0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Custom Hood Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 07:31 PM
Default Custom Hood Opinions

Hey guys I'm a member of the current 10 person custom hood group thread started but my inclusion is really based on the final design choice by the majority, if I am not a final involved member this off season I will be creating my own one of a kind custom hood which has always been my true interest, just picked up my project hood from the scrapyard says was off a 04 black SS and will be placing one of the possible hood scoops onto our steel base hood, I plan on doing a full bolt down no epoxy not risking cracks just going to bodyfill it smooth after and will be filling the stock hood lines that run front to back, also will be cutting making it a semi functional hood at least in terms of just getting air into the engine bay cooling only. I know cpl will say I would be better off going with the MPD hood as its allrdy all done functional and is pretty simlr to a couple of these to some people its again just a personal project want to do

Thanks guys hope to hear your opinions! Jeff

Here are the choices

Old 07-04-2012, 06:37 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I chose #1 but i guess I am a fan cause it looks sort of like mine.

Your right I think you'd be better off with a MPD hood, becuse it is functional ram air.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:20 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I like the look of #1, but I think a scoop similar to that without the horns sitting closer to the front would look even better. If you're going to fabricate your own you may want to consider a metal scoop welded on instead of a bolt on option. With the bolt on you will have parting lines between the hood and scoop unless you mold it with epoxy/fiberglass. But then you run the risk of cracking...something you said you want to avoid. With a metal scoop welded on it becomes an integral part of the hood and there's no chance of cracking. Just a thought...