Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Cost of Paint

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 11:17 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Cost of Paint

I've been toying with the idea of painting the ground effects on my Monte black. Was wondereing from those in the business or those that hve had it done how much it would cost to have them done.

I don't know why I want to do it but every now and then I get this wild hair to do something and right now this is it... the idea may pass but at this moment I like the idea.

Old 04-24-2010, 05:30 PM

well i did it with the dupli-color for 30 bucks and it matched perfect and is staying on real strong. you can see in my pics how it looks.
i would like to recommend somthing to you though. if you do it black, your car is gonna look like its sitting higher from a distance. even if you dont know its painted, someone could think its higher from close up. that is the reason i painted mine white, cause everytime i looked out the window at my car, it looked sooo high.
but from close up, if you know its painted, it'll look great.
i would recommend going with a lighter silver though. just my opinion though.
good luck with what you do. just use some adhesive promoter to plastic and a few coats of clear. make sure you let the coats dry good and only do VERY light sweeps at a time. any other questions, just ask me. ive done this twice to my monte and three other times on other cars. theyve always turned out real good looking.

Old 04-24-2010, 05:44 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Yes JAMO you should definately paint your side skirts silver lololol.

Anyway, I would say for a quick scuff and paint of the side skirts, it would be around 200 bucks. Maybe more but I couldnt say for sure. You would need to get an estimate from a body shop. If it were me, I would take them off and put them back on myself to save money.

Old 04-24-2010, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by wht02monte
...if you do it black, your car is gonna look like its sitting higher from a distance. even if you dont know its painted, someone could think its higher from close up. that is the reason i painted mine white, cause everytime i looked out the window at my car, it looked sooo high. but from close up, if you know its painted, it'll look great.
Yeah I also had the thought that the car would appear to be another 3-4 inches off the ground with the black grounds. Could do a "lighter" color more of a graphite or dark mettalic grey. Though I'm not sure that would make a whole lot of difference, as I said right now this is just my latest wild hair, most the time they go nowhere. Sort of figure with the black around the windows and now the tinted windows it would all sort of pull each other together. I tried to photo shop the grounds black after I posted the original question and... well lets just say my photoshopping skills are pretty much non-exisitant! And they are probably better then my real painting skills so your method probably would be a bad idea for me!

Originally Posted by mrl390
...Anyway, I would say for a quick scuff and paint of the side skirts, it would be around 200 bucks. Maybe more but I couldnt say for sure. You would need to get an estimate from a body shop. If it were me, I would take them off and put them back on myself to save money.
I'm willing to do just about whatever I can to save a few bucks and by taking them off myself I can also be sure to clean the area under them real good before they go back on. As I said above this is VERY spur of the moment I may actually know someone that can help me out with the painting. I haven't even tracked him down to ask yet... I could go steal the grounds off of Taz's car and then it would be free!!!!

Old 04-24-2010, 08:23 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

I say paint them white.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:36 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Enzo354
I say paint them white.