Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.
View Poll Results: Do you think the BudChev would look better with "contingency stickers"?
Yes. Adding more stickers makes it look more authentic
10.00%
No. They are cluttery and unattractive
90.00%
Maybe a few more (examples?)
0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Contingency stickers / better with or without?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 10:12 PM

junior I like yours the way it is... the decals could look good, but not when you over do it... you car is sweet, I need to come by and see it in person (I'm in London btw).... I was thinking of adding some to my all black Monte, but if I did would just be maybe a small window one on each side, maybe something on the back, i'm a huge Oakland Raiders fan and run a couple Oakland Raiders websites, always wanted a black car with Raider-related customization, some silver and black!!!!

Old 06-29-2010, 08:09 AM

Junior... where in London is a good place with lots of car decals and stuff? Ebay is always good and has mostly what I want, but the shipping is sometimes ridiculous, and doesn't hurt to go have a look here.... any suggestions? Thanks

Old 06-29-2010, 02:17 PM

Junior, your car looks very nice.

I think that the '06 you posted up would look a lot better if the wheels were painted black along with the ground effects. Those two things throw me off when looking at it.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:18 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Completely agree with that--I'd say the newer one (body wise) looks more authentic with all the stickers but at the same time it looks WAY overdone and cluttered. I'd say for your average driving i like yours much better, however if you were on a track or trying to make it a serious nascar replica the second one's the way to go. The thing i don't understand is with all the stickers you'd think they'd have the black rims, painted wheels, black ground effects, tinted windows, etc? i think the only thing ya needa do yet is get a drivers side window net! lol

Old 07-05-2010, 10:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by BoNeSaW
Junior... where in London is a good place with lots of car decals and stuff? Ebay is always good and has mostly what I want, but the shipping is sometimes ridiculous, and doesn't hurt to go have a look here.... any suggestions? Thanks
Depends on which decals you are after. London has nothing good (that I know of) except, of course, Auto Trim Design. They make anything. And obviously, if you talk right, they ignore trademark laws. I didn't just say that. Don't expect them to be cheap about it.

For smaller "contigency" decals, I recommend getting them at the track. Not crap holes like Delaware Speedway. Go to a Sprint Cup race and find them in the bargain vendor area's. They have the same authentic decals that are used on the actual cars for about a buck a piece. They only ones I ever went for was the GoodYear ones

Old 07-07-2010, 07:22 AM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2012

I think yours looks better.......now gimme your roof rails. lol

Old 07-07-2010, 10:00 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

I'm late on this thread, but I agree with eveyone, your car is great as is...adding the stickers would look way to busy.