Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

06/07 Ram Air Hood

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 12:05 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by SPCTurner06ss
how much did this cost all together?, paint and all????
I wish I could give you a good estimate but I had a lot of stuff done at the time as the result of a collision with a deer If I've broke down the estimate correctly, it looks as though the shop charged about $400 for the installation, paint labor, & supplies. Now it's possible that's a little pricely considering the insurance company was the one paying so I didn't try to work a deal with the shop. They did however install the CAI at no extra cost. I just had to pay the difference between the aftermarket hood and the oem one. I don't recommend finding a deer to hit but if you can fork out the extra $, I really don't think you'll regret it!

Eventually I'll get pics on here... she's gonna be in and out of the shop getting exhaust installed, tint put on and a dent repaired (stupid people that swing their doors open with no regards, ugh!).

Hope the info helps

Old 07-06-2009, 02:03 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
i like the hood except for that point in the center of it. i wish they made the ss camaro style for 06-07.
I agree 100%... If it wasn't for the damn point in the center it would be awesome!

Old 07-08-2009, 03:24 PM

This might be a question that simply shows my ignorance in cars, but what about rain? Does that hood have some sort of system to cycle rain water past, or can you not drive during rain?

Old 07-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

The small amount of rain that would come through the hood would either vaporize due to head produced by the engine or wouldn't make that big of a difference any ways. Think about it... It has to go through the openning in the hood, into the filter, through the intake tubing, pass the intake manifold in order to actually effect anything. I doubt it would hurt anything at all.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Typically when you have a Scoop in your hood they have drainage channels for the water, but in excessive rain you can get SOME water into your engine bay. But also without a scoop you can get water in your engine bay during a heavy rain. However with the heat around your engine, water will have a hard time hitting things.

The only problem that persists is with your open cone, but anytime you have an open cone you really shouldn't be out in the heavy rain much. The filter will keep dirt and such from entering, but a general rule is to TRY not to drive in heavy rain, and if you have to just take it easy.

Typically if I get caught in some really heavy rain (since I have an open cone) After I park and it stops raining I let the filter dry before driving again.

*Edit* Rick posted pretty much the same thing I just said while typing my response, so just take them both and remember, they won't sell a product without telling you if it can't be in certain conditions.

Old 07-08-2009, 05:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I already asked MPD about this, but it was awhile ago, but I believe they told me that there is a silicone bead to channel water away

Old 07-08-2009, 09:25 PM

ok, thanks all. I really like you guys.... i post something and get responses same-day.

But yeah, i was looking at one ram hood and it advertised its ability to keep out rain, so i wasnt sure, as this one said nothing about it.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:42 PM

Will the MPD hood work with the K&N cai that I already have, or will I have to get something else?

Old 11-25-2009, 03:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Originally Posted by crashadp
Will the MPD hood work with the K&N cai that I already have, or will I have to get something else?
I think if it pushes air into that general area, it couldn't hurt. The custom fitted pieces are still optimum.

Old 11-26-2009, 04:54 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I still want this... I know a lot of people don't like the style, but the aggressiveness appeals to me...

but... i'm trying to buy a condo, not sure if i should waste money on the car

Quick Reply: 06/07 Ram Air Hood