Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

03 monte carlo Carbon Fiber hood

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 12:24 PM

Here is a functional hood scoop. It will take off some of the weight you wanted. If you search Ram Air they have a hood scoop slightly different.

Extreme Dimensions Monte Carlo Spyder 3 Hood Duraflex 103782 - Body Kits and Ground Effects

Old 03-21-2012, 01:55 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I don't believe that truly is a functional one.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:04 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
I don't believe that truly is a functional one.
x2, it's not a functional ram air hood. Only aspect of functionality would be weight reduction and not much at that even.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:51 AM

i have seen like a 02 camaro ss hood which looked good on the monte any one no where on like that would be

Old 03-22-2012, 08:05 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by mikemollic
i have seen like a 02 camaro ss hood which looked good on the monte any one no where on like that would be
MPD makes it.

MPD motorsports performance design – Monte Carlo Ram Air Hood 2000+

Old 03-22-2012, 09:37 PM

here are too what the difference

Old 03-22-2012, 10:28 PM

Old 03-22-2012, 11:12 PM

6th gen montes dont have many aftermarket parts. Been looking at custom hoods myself. Best option would be to contact a aftermarket company and see if they can make you one. Carbon Creations is my first thought. They will say no but if you get lucky a company will say if you get 10 or so people to want one they will build it for you. But this will require that each person preorders one. To buy a custom hood and have it built just for you will be about 2-3k and thats just fiberglass. Carbon fiber will be more. Thats why they want multiple ppl to order, drops it to a reasonable price. If you find one let me know I already posted looking for ppl for a fiberglass hood so If you like same style in carbon fiber and find a company to do it let me know I would go if with you I would paint it though. I like Carbon fiber but would want more then just a hood.

Last edited by Mr Grizzly Mint; 03-22-2012 at 11:14 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:18 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mr Grizzly Mint
6th gen montes dont have many aftermarket parts. Been looking at custom hoods myself. Best option would be to contact a aftermarket company and see if they can make you one. Carbon Creations is my first thought. They will say no but if you get lucky a company will say if you get 10 or so people to want one they will build it for you. But this will require that each person preorders one. To buy a custom hood and have it built just for you will be about 2-3k and thats just fiberglass. Carbon fiber will be more. Thats why they want multiple ppl to order, drops it to a reasonable price. If you find one let me know I already posted looking for ppl for a fiberglass hood so If you like same style in carbon fiber and find a company to do it let me know I would go if with you I would paint it though. I like Carbon fiber but would want more then just a hood.
What? lol 6th gens have tons of aftermarket parts, although the price is sometimes high. Especially if you're talking about the 3800, there are TONS of mods to make those things fast and beat 12 seconds in the 1/4.

As for exteriors, there a 4 or 5 current body kits and 3 hoods that are currently on the market, and the MPD1 hood is literally the best hood that you will fine, a functional ram air scoop made from steel.

Montes do have an aftermarket, you just have to look for it and know where to look for it, because it's out there.

I will be interested to see where the hood that you're trying to get made goes, it sounds like a good idea, just getting more than 2 or 3 people that like the idea may be difficult.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:35 PM

And I was talking about hood wise. for the engine just look up grand prix gtp parts. Hood wise you have ss style, spyder, and non functional ws-6. Thats it. Couple diff manufactures but those are only style options. And body kits compared to other cars for our time frame 4-5 kits is nothing the 2006 scion tc has 12 and thats from one web site. So no relatively speaking not alot of parts.

Quick Reply: 03 monte carlo Carbon Fiber hood