Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

00-05 monte headlights without the yolk?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 07:35 PM
Default 00-05 monte headlights without the yolk?

why did they stop making the clear turn signal black housing headlights for the 00-05 monte's? i have the black housing ones right now but they have those ugly yolk reflectors in them

is there anywhere that i can order the clear turn signal ones? also what is the bulb size for the parking/turn signal lights? i heard 3457 and some say 3157

help appreciated

Old 10-20-2009, 08:59 PM

just input your info and find what you need http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...ementGuide.htm

Old 10-21-2009, 09:20 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Clear corner housing lights I believe weren't DOT approved or legal, so it is hard to find manufacturers for them (and when you find them they aren't cheap)

Old 10-21-2009, 11:41 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Chrome turn signal bulbs clean up the look of the headlights a lot and you can get ones that still light up amber. I just bought a pair on ebay for $12. I'll get pics once they're installed.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:07 PM

15 Year Member

Old 10-21-2009, 06:32 PM

changing the bulb to those wont change the corner being yellow. i had bought a pair of blacked out ones with clear corners for my exs grand am on ebay. they were slightly cheaper then the factory headlights but ive never seen them again.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
changing the bulb to those wont change the corner being yellow. i had bought a pair of blacked out ones with clear corners for my exs grand am on ebay. they were slightly cheaper then the factory headlights but ive never seen them again.
yeah changing the bulb wont change the yellow corner

for anyone that doesnt understand what im talking about, here is a picture of the headlights they used to make for our 00-05 monte's, these have the clear corners instead of the yellow reflectors

http://www.ilovebodykits.com/product...Kit_Combo.html

on this website, they actually have the headlights with the clear corners but they are wayyyy too expensive, only because it comes with an HID kit, if only they sold just the headlights by themselves.. hmm....

Old 10-22-2009, 12:00 AM
Exclamation Watch Out!!!

They are EXTREMELY expensive, and for NOTHING... unfortunately, that pic on ilovebodykits and any other sites (iatuner.com, MrJDM from ebay, ect.) is very misleading...

i want to make it clear before any more of our members is mislead to dish out the cash and recieve those YOLKED OUT headlights... Those clear corner headlights on ALL these sites are not what you will get, its some kind of un-updated picture.

I checked and called all these websites, while trying to conduct a group buy for these a while back and all the stores tell me that you will infact get amber reflectors because of DOT standards, yada yada blah blah... the clear corners are discontinued. I even spoke to 2 distributors/ manufactures and there are non available anywhere....

...and what pisses me off is that all these import ricer cars have these clear lights all over the place but we Monte owners are getting screwed!!!!

Old 10-22-2009, 12:22 AM

could you pull the lens apart and make a mold of the reflector and cast it in clear casting acrylic? then replace the yellow for the one you just made? never done it dont know if its possible just a suggestion.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:21 AM

15 Year Member

It's extremely difficult to crack our headlights open.

Quick Reply: 00-05 monte headlights without the yolk?