Other Professional Racing.. Formula 1, Sprint, Rally & Off Road, SCCA Auto X, Le Mans, Pro Stock, Cart, Drag, IROC, etc.

What does she `Drive ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 11:55 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up John Forces Drag Rac'in Daughter : )

Milka Duno + Jamie Lyn = Fast Driv'in

THIRD YEAR PRO BEATS JACK BECKMAN IN FINAL AT HOUSTON RACEWAY PARK BY TEAM FORD RACING CORRESPONDENT

Baytown, Texas — Ashley Force beat a “Who’s Who” of Funny Car drag racing that included her famous father, points leader Ron Capps and defending race champion Del Worsham on the way to a Sunday victory in the 22nd annual O’Reilly Spring Nationals that stamped her as more than just a novelty in the hunt for the 2009 NHRA Full Throttle Championship.

No victory was bigger, though, than a final round conquest of Fast Jack Beckman, the man who taught not only her, but her younger sisters and her mother to drive competitively.
Relegated to the troublesome right lane that all day long was the undoing of drivers with far more experience, the 26-year-old graduate of Cal State Fullerton was not intimidated. She left the starting line first and never trailed, recording a 1,000 foot time of 4.122 seconds at 306.19 miles per hour, second quickest of the day and easily the best in the right lane. Beckman trailed in 4.227 seconds at 303.43 mph.
“It was great,” the Force Hood of the second professional win of her brief career, “especially since it came against Jack. He taught me when I first learned to drive and it’s amazing that 10 years later, we’re both driving nitro Funny Cars.
“Today was just my day,” said the 2007 NHRA Rookie-of-the-Year. “Everything just fell into place for us. I was nervous about the lane because you saw what other cars had done in it. We knew the left [lane] might be a little bit better. I just wanted to go A to B and not make any mistakes
“Ron and Guido [crew chiefs Ron Douglas and Dean Antonelli] did a great job deciding what they needed to do [and] it went right down the track. It was especially great racing [against] Jack because he always reminds you not to take it too seriously. He was having fun up there in the [staging] lanes before each round [and that] helped calm me down.
“We had a really consistent car in qualifying,” said the second oldest daughter of drag racing icon John Force. “We just didn’t have it quite right today, at least not until the final—when we needed it. This win [was] a lot more fun than the first win in Atlanta [last April].

That race was late; it was raining and I wasn’t ready for everything that was going on. It was just stressful. This day just seemed to happen more how it should.”
While it was her second tour victory, it was her first since her marriage last December to Daniel Hood and that made it even more meaningful.
“It’s our first win together as husband-and-wife. I was definitely glad to have him there. He was right there in the thick of things in my pit area all day. He loves to work on cars and that is what he is good at. I am so happy to have him there working on it for me.”
The No. 3 qualifier, Force Hood began her march to the title by beating Capps and the NAPA Dodge that had won the season’s first two races and briefly threatened to make a shambles of the points race.
That set up a second round match with her father whose inability to get his Castrol GTX High Mileage Mustang down the right hand lane established a theme that would play out through the day. The win enabled Force Hood to even her career record against drag racing’s biggest all-time winner at 3-3.
In the semis, she avenged last year’s final round loss at Houston by directing her Ford past the Toyota of Worsham. However, it was a sobering victory insomuch as her winning time of 4.173 seconds was .002 of a second slower than Beckman’s time against Tony Pedregon.
That put her in the less favored lane, but it made no difference.
For JFR, it was a most timely victory. The team had not celebrated in the winners’ circle since Robert Hight prevailed last September in the Mac Tools U.S. Nationals at Clermont, Ind. It was the team’s 180th Funny Car victory overall and it’s 13th at Houston where John Force had won seven times previously.
Ashley’s second victory came in her sixth final round appearance and it boosted her all the way to third place in points. It also provided a balance for the struggles endured during the weekend by the team’s other drivers.
Hight and Mike Neff both exited in the very first round and the team leader lasted only to round two although he did manage to get a first round victory ahead of Bob Tasca III, the second year pro who won the ACDelco Gatornationals at Gainesville, Fla., two weeks earlier.
Neff was beaten by Tony Pedregon; Hight by Beckman, the second successive first round loss for each.

“The clutch started sooner than we wanted it to,” Neff said of his aborted 5.409 second run in the Ford Drive One Mustang. “We’re still working out some of the new things we put on this Mustang over the winter. The track was tricky. Things that we have gotten away with the last couple of races caught [up with] us here, but we feel good about it. We are learning what moves to make.”
Neff credited his double-duty at Phoenix and Gainesville for giving him a better understanding of what crew chief John Medlen is trying to do with the race car.
“I am now in a better position to give my opinion,” Neff said, “but it’s great to have Medlen back. I always like going to Las Vegas [site of the next race in the Full Throttle Series]. It’s a good race track [and] I feel like the car is running good. I feel like we are making the right calls. Things just weren’t working the way we thought they would. I think we can make a couple of little adjustments here and there and we’ll be right back into the swing of things.”
Hight, too, is optimistic about initiating improvement in his Automobile Club of Southern California Mustang.
“We are struggling with consistency,” said the 11-time tour winner. “I am a positive person and I know we have a great team. We just need to make consistent runs. We will get there. Last year, we had motor problems and it seemed like we blew up about every run. Now we have a great motor and we just have to make it work for us. I am looking forward to getting to Las Vegas because more than just coming to the race track, I love racing. “We need to race more on Sunday. You can learn a lot about your race car during eliminations so we just have to start going rounds. I won Las Vegas two years ago and I’m looking forward to getting back in a couple of days.”

Old 04-04-2009, 06:28 AM

i heard mention on one of the F1 shows this morning (I know, who stays up all night to watch F1 from Malaysia, I DO), that Danica may be getting a ride next year in the greatest, most tech. advanced form of racing around these days. sexy cars sexier drivers!!

Old 04-04-2009, 06:54 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by montes my python
i heard mention on one of the F1 shows this morning (I know, who stays up all night to watch F1 from Malaysia, I DO), that Danica may be getting a ride next year in the greatest, most tech. advanced form of racing around these days. sexy cars sexier drivers!!

Hi `Aaron,
If I had cable/Dish TV, I would also be up 2 watch 4-Sure LOL

by Noah Joseph on Feb 16th 2009 at 8:32AM

Danica Patrick just might make it into Formula One after all. The sensational IndyCar driver/Sports Illustrated swimsuit model was previously linked to a potential seat with Honda's F1 team, but those prospects were all but completely dashed when the squad closed up shop. But now the people behind the upcoming USF1 team could give Danica the ticket she deserves.

According to USF1 technical director Ken Andserson, Danica is one of the star American drivers which the team would consider hiring when they hit the grid in 2010. Among the other possible candidates are Red Bull-backed Scott Speed, who switched over to NASCAR after leaving Scuderia Toro Rosso in F1, and budding American drivers Conor Daly and Josef Newgarden. Each F1 team fields two cars, so any of these drivers' chances are pretty good. Meanwhile, USF1 is considering renting space from Epsilon Euskadi, a team which currently races at Le Mans and in the World Series by Renault, and whose facility in Spain would prove a suitable European base for the American team. We'll know more about the initiative when USF1 is officially launched on February 24, so stay tuned. Shukran for the tip, Muhammed!

[Source: ESPN]

Tags: danica, danica f1, danica patrick, danica patrick formula one, danica patrick usf1, DanicaF1, DanicaPatrick, DanicaPatrickFormulaOne, DanicaPatrickUsf1, patrick, usf1