Other Professional Racing.. Formula 1, Sprint, Rally & Off Road, SCCA Auto X, Le Mans, Pro Stock, Cart, Drag, IROC, etc.

Indy Cars

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 09:25 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Indy Cars

[align=center]Hi `Member's,[/align][align=center]If you don't have fuel to go `out & enjoy driving your[/align][align=center]Monte Carlo, below is the Listing for Indy Pole Day.[/align][align=center]It's on Broadcast TV, so those without cable,[/align][align=center]like me, can still enjoy [/align][align=center]Would you like to see Indy News on the MCF ?[/align][align=center]Wish you a `Happy Day,[/align][align=center]from `Space[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]
IndyCar Racing [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
180Min. 03:00PM Sat., May 10 [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]on ABC[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]

"Indianapolis 500 Qualifying, Pole Day"
From Indianapolis Motor Speedway in Indianapolis. [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
Episode Detail [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]All Upcoming Airings [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
Show Info [/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]

Old 05-10-2008, 12:01 PM
Default RE: Indy Cars @ 3PM EST on ABC : )

[align=center]CBS News[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]
Fast And Messy Indy 500le Qualifying In Forecast
Fast Dixon Expects Messy Indy 500 Pole Qualifying On First Of 4 Days Of Time Trials

INDIANAPOLIS, May 2008

[/align][align=center][/align]

[align=center][/align]
1 | [/b]2
[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]
(AP)
[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]
.hideit {display:none}

[align=center][/align][center][b](AP)In the past, there was usually little strategy involved in trying to win the pole for the Indianapolis 500. Just hold the gas pedal down and drive.

Thanks to the qualifying format adopted two years ago, Saturday's opening day of time trials for the May 25 race could be a strategic nightmare.

"This year, it's going to be such a mess," said Scott Dixon, the fastest driver in this week's rain-abbreviated practice on the 2.5-mile Indy oval with a lap of 226.968 mph Friday, considerably faster than the four-lap average of 225.817 that won the pole for Helio Castroneves last May.

In fact, the five quickest drivers on "Fast Friday," the final full day of practice before qualifying, were faster than last year's pole. But it isn't as simple as just being fast now.

The unique, four-day Indy qualifying format limits the number of qualifiers to 11 on each of the first three days, then uses the fourth and final day to bump the slowest drivers already in the 33-car lineup.

Making it even more difficult, each car is allowed up to three chances per day, with the teams allowed to withdraw an already-qualified car to try to go faster.

With the recent unification of the two American open-wheel series, there are more car-driver combinations here for the first weekend of time trials than in any year in the past decade. Thirty-three cars made it onto the track during Friday's busy session, turning a total of 1,033 laps.

Dixon said he expects a lot of those drivers, particularly the ones transitioning from the now-defunct Champ Car World Series, to be chasing position No. 11 just as hard as the favorites drive for the No. 1 spot on Saturday.

"Twenty or twenty-two or maybe more cars are fighting for that spot," Dixon said. "They're going to clog up the (technical inspection) lines and things like that. It could be a tough day for everybody."

The rookies got two full days of practice Sunday and Monday, while the veterans had one dry day on Tuesday before Friday's session, cut about three hours short by yet more rain. Dixon moved to the top of the speed chart, just ahead of Marco Andretti's 226.710, Tony Kanaan's 226.688, Ryan Briscoe's 226.143 and rookie Hideki Mutoh's 225.990.

But the New Zealander, who drives for Target Chip Ganassi Racing, doesn't consider himself the favorite.

"To be fast on `Fast Friday,' I've been in this spot before and it hasn't worked out well for me in the past," Dixon said. "It was a bit tight out there (in traffic), hard to get clear laps, so you don't really know where you are. Everybody's speed fell off an awful

Old 05-10-2008, 01:55 PM

Espn2- 12 to 2

ABC 3-6

espn2 6-7

Go Helio!

Old 05-10-2008, 02:07 PM

In case you dont have cable......http://indy500.com/

That has a link for live feed.

Old 05-10-2008, 02:16 PM

Hi `Tim, from the SunShine of Tampa, Fla
Thanks for the Indy link : )
I'm just learning about Indy Cars & I hope I can
get a chance to watch `it this year.
They have to be a SuperBlast to drive...WoW
Peace/Out/`Space

Old 05-10-2008, 02:57 PM

Actions about as good as you could want it, Briscoe took it from Wheldon, then Dixon took it from Briscoe....

This isn't settled by a long shot.
If i know Roger Penske... he very well may send Helio Castroneves back out later to try and take it. Helio isVERY good @ IMS.

Ganassi racing won't be pushover, those guys and AGR will have something to say about it.

Starting on the pole at Indy isn't much of an advantage, but it sure is prestigous and worth alot to the sponsors.

Old 05-10-2008, 08:13 PM

Indy car is the going to make a come back.I didnt get to go today but I will probablly go a couple times next week.I cant wait until the race.If you guys havent watched indy car you will really enjoy it.Just remember real racecars dont have fenders.

Old 05-10-2008, 10:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

3 hours of a single car going round and round.

I love race cars, but pole week is difficult to take 3 hours to watch when there is a lot to do.

Can hardly wait till Danica jumps ship to NASCAR. Maybe Hondas will be in NASCAR by then.

Old 05-11-2008, 03:30 AM

Honda has stated they have no interest in nascar. They dont wish to race carburated engines, thats old technology.

Their words, not mine.

If they ever do, they will beat Toyota like a drum. They have every other time.

As far as Morticia goes.... i suppose its possible, but i doubt it anytime soon. She mentioned she would talk to them, but didn't mention they haven't offered.