Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Your BLOG: SUNDAY, August 16, 2009 : )

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 03:11 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

,,,Hi `Amy, I was happy 2 read that you got the position close to home, and I'm sure your present employer is sad 2 lose you. Sure hope they can get you Health Insurance. Also, I was sorry 2 read that you future husband sold his awesome 1Gen Monte , Now, I await his new replacement that fits in the garage : ) EnJoy your Sunday, and I hope the rain ends, = = == =so that you can make us all burgers : ) lol....

Old 08-16-2009, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by dirty mech
its august already... time flies i guess the last time i was on here i belive i was in kuwait getting ready to come back to iraq... havent see na cloud in like 3 an a half months i think.. miss my monte the net here sucks and i wanna go home ... any way good day all around was on mision til like 3 am then came back slept til like 730ish and still have done nothing so ya a good day all around aand the temp in northern iraq today was .... well my thermomiter only goes to 120 F so i am guessin more than that...hope all have a wonderful sunday
Stay safe over there and god bless you for your service and courage on our behalf's.

Today I went for a hundred mile cruise with my parents and there dog and mine. Went and visited friends camping. It is a beautiful day.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:17 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

well, i just got back from my friends house, boy was i in for a suprise when i got home.... the back wheel on the monte was making a clicking noise, i had pulled over & checked the treads for a stone & i poped the hubcap off to look & see if there was a stone cought in there.... that was 2 miles from my house..... the wheel kept clicking, when i pulled off the pavement onto our driveway, all of a suden the wheel makes this big CLUNK!! and starts grinding, so i throw it into park right there & shut her down... hop out, pop off the hubcap and.... a lugnut falls out onto my shoe! that aint good... so it turns out the clicking was my lugnuts backing off of the wheel studs, all the others were ready to fall off, too.... im sooooo happy i kept my foot out of it going home, lol. i put em back on, and i threw the breaker-bar, socket, screwdriver & a flashlight in the trunk so if i hear it clicking again i can check it without going in my the spare....

Old 08-16-2009, 08:10 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Teacher that sounds like you had a fun day!
Ryan Thats crazy, hope the wheel studs arent stripped, it isnt a good feeling.
And yea im just a junior, although im 17, I guess we start a year older here.
Space the monte is my school driver. 14 miles of gravel a day Mabye I can get the grand prix done by winter so the monte can sit inside, that salt hurts my black so bad. ....
Also this year we only have 23 people on our 8 man team, so hopefully im second string, probably wont start though.

Old 08-16-2009, 08:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

brock, i hate to say it, but i think id take 14 miles of gravel a day than the 30 some odd miles i get to run between home / school / tech / home again on that crap they try to pass off as pavement around here, lol. just driving the 2 miles to my house is like waching the cars at road-atlanta, lol. im sure glad the monte has a good suspention, otherwise i would have square wheels.

as for the salt, do they use that liquid salt crap by you? they spray it on the roads down in town, god help ya if you wind up behind the truck...

Old 08-16-2009, 09:08 PM

Happy sunday EVENING everybody. I was out and about all day today. Got the monte an oil change, unfortunately had to take it to walmart. Got a high mileage oil change. And as you all know the drivers side of my car had been painted recently. I saw this ****ole PUT HIS FOOT in her accelerator and was careening into the bay about no less than 6 inches away from the tire displays / bay doors. I ran right out into the bay and screamed GET THE HELL OUT OF MY CAR NOW! I finished pulling her into the bay and told the store manager you need to doublecheck and make sure these people know how to drive, he literally almost took the whole driver's side off. Like I realize you couldn't get to my car until 4:30, however, it's not MY PROBLEM you were backed up all day, and that doesn't mean you get to treat my car like sh*t just because YOU want to go home. Nothing but uneducated people work there and I WILL NOT take my car there ever again. Next time I'd rather go to valvoline or heck monroe near my work, just to stop them from touching my car EVER again.

I went to eat at Eat N Park (if you don't live in western PA don't ask), went to my mom's friend's house to pick up some fresh homegrown vegetables cucumbers, tomatoes, corn, peppers, etc, come back home...NO PLACE TO PARK IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE. I mean NOWHERE. Freaking uhaul that's taking up about 30 feet of the street sitting a block up, people leave two feet of space in front of and behind their cars, so they can't pull up and give me FOUR FEET so that i can pull in and wash my car. These people don't even LIVE HERE. They live in the apartment complex next door that has a parking lot that they refuse to use. I should call the cops and have them all towed, or better yet, just turn around and backkick one of their doors the next time i see them parking on top of my monte by touch....

Old 08-16-2009, 10:59 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

well been home from iowa for a while now but we made our 3 hour trip home into a 5 hour adventure..took the back roads wat a beautiful drive...less cornfields n more small towns this way...

Old 08-16-2009, 11:01 PM
10 Year Member

we took off at about 10 the race wasnt called but we just decided to head home...her dad ended runnin later in the day but man that car is fast now...it uses to run 14's with a 355 turbo350 with 4.11

Old 08-16-2009, 11:05 PM
10 Year Member

gears in the rear end...now it runs 10.60's with a 377 2 speed power glide..same rear end... working on getting pics up on photobucket... started stickering up the kido's stroller... has a NHRA

Old 08-16-2009, 11:07 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

cool man, glad you got a mini vaca, go to bed already, thanks for the updates, put the rugrat to bed and get some sleep!!! later justin/jason??? see ya!

Quick Reply: Your BLOG: SUNDAY, August 16, 2009 : )