Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Your BLOG: SUNDAY, August 16, 2009 : )

Old 08-16-2009, 03:47 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow Your BLOG: SUNDAY, August 16, 2009 : )

Above MCF logo by Moderator J.J. Thank You!

MCF ToDay
Sunday, August 16, 2009

Monte Carlo Friends

From all around Planet Earth
`Off Topic
For Every Member to Post
and make new Monte `Friends

What are you doing Today
* Members, tell us about yourself, your hobbie's/pets/kids,
best foods, vacation spot, clean jokes, pictures
of your boat, bike, other cars, truck's etc.

* Make a post & say`Hi Don't be `Shy
Become part of our Monte Carlo Family.
Please don't hurt with your words/post
`Thank You!

The MCF is a Stress Free Family Zone

Winner's own & drive a
Chevrolet Monte Carlo

4-Sure
August 2009
Monte of the Month
`Winner

Check out all the Winner's of Monte of the Month
Click below link
https://montecarloforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=10474

Old 08-16-2009, 03:58 AM
Smile EnJoy your `Now : )

Found her driving around the web in the early morning hours
of Sunday morning. She wanted to stop in @ the MCF
and Wish EveryBody a Happy Day 4-Sure
What are you, yes you doing 2day ?
Please post & let us know `ok.
Remember, there are many that
can't get out 2day, because they
are on House Arrest
This is their only
connection to the
World.

Peace/Happiness
Your Choice
EnJoy
Now

Old 08-16-2009, 05:01 AM

Below is What's Happening out there in `Space.
It's a MCF Educational Post What ? lol

Storm Clouds Found on Saturn's Moon

Clara Moskowitz
Space.com
posted: 5 HOURS 16 MINUTES AGO

4-Sure
(Aug. 15) - A tropical storm was not what astronomers expected to see when they pointed their telescopes toward the equator of Saturn's moon Titan last summer.
But that's exactly what they found on this beguiling moon, home to a weather system both eerily familiar and perplexingly strange. The discovery was announced Wednesday.
In many ways Titan's climate resembles that of Earth, but instead of a water cycle, Titan has a methane cycle. Clouds, rain and lakes all exist on Titan, but they are all made of methane. In the moon's frigid climate, any water is frozen into rock-hard ice.
Skip over this content AFP/Getty Images
The climate on Saturn's moon, Titan, resembles the Earth, but instead of a water cycle it rains methane. Here, Ontario Lacus, a methane lake near Titan's South Pole, is shown.

Clouds of vaporized methane are not uncommon on Titan, though they have never before been observed in Titan's tropics. But in April 2008, astronomers using the Gemini North telescope and NASA's Infrared Telescope Facility in Hawaii spotted a severe storm covering almost 2 million square miles (3 million square km) over the equator.
"The models predicted that the equatorial region should be very dry and should not support cloud formation," said astronomer Henry Roe of Lowell Observatory in Arizona. "But this episode created clouds over both the equator and the south pole. We don't know what set off that sequence, but something gave a pretty good kick to the atmosphere."
Scientists suspect the storm's trigger may have been some kind of geologic activity on the moon's surface, such as a geyser or new mountain range forming. Atmospheric effects may also have set off the storm.
Skip over this contentFEED
Space.com Stories

"2 dare 2 `Dream in SpaceVision...It's a Mind `Trip 4-Sure
I am always amazed @ the creation of `all.
You are not alone....We are out there...zomewhere
We visit in `peace 2 learn, 2 love, and find the
AweSome Earth Vehicle, the Chevrolet Monte Carlo.
It's a Awesome Vehicle to pilot, & carry 4 beings : )
WoW...the beauty of it `all....
Where does it End ?

When ?

Whatever the cause, once the clouds were established they seem to have spread throughout Titan's atmosphere in waves.
The situation is a new wrinkle in the study of this complex moon.
"It's an amazing place because it is deeply familiar to us, being form Earth, in terms of the processes - clouds forming, rainfall, carved out channels on the surface, huge fields of what look like sand dunes," Roe told SPACE.com. "But the materials that are involved are quite alien."
Scientists hope to learn more as Saturn's 30-year-long orbit plays out a full rotation of seasons on the moon. NASA's Cassini spacecraft is currently in orbit around Saturn, but it only flies by Titan once every six weeks or so. In the meantime, ground-based telescopes can keep a near-steady eye on the moon.
"We really need to keep observing Titan in detail for many more years in order to get a true understanding of how its seasons change," Roe said.
The researchers, led by Emily Schaller of the Institute for Astronomy in Hawaii (now at the University of Arizona), detail the new finding in the August 13 issue of the journal Nature.

A new photo released in July from the Hubble Space Telescope is the clearest yet of what astronomers are calling a scar on the surface of Jupiter. An object, possibly a comet, struck the planet recently, creating the strange dark patch. It happened on the 15th anniversary of another comet strike.

Last edited by Space; 08-16-2009 at 05:44 AM.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:24 AM

almost out of work done with work donein 5mins...then i i get a weekend..even if its just for sunday lol..what im going to do...sleep..to humid to do anything..seems like a good day to be lazy

Old 08-16-2009, 05:27 AM

Hi `Dave, EnJoy your Lazy Day.... You've work 4 it.
Wish U a Happy

I'm going to rest & then listen to the NASCAR race later.
A friend has loaned me their laptop for the weekend, so I'm
just enjoying being online, and connected to my MCF Family.
It's true, sometimes you don't miss something/someone until they
are gone : ( I miss my `puter, I miss my Monte, I miss my mom'ie : )
I'm miss'in my sleep : ) Peace/Out

I don't wanta grow `up anymore, I wanta stay
a kid, and just enjoy my now. I wanta stay a kid
and just play, and race car's, play doctor : ),

..the price of food & to survive 2day is alot higher then when I was little...Every time I go 2 the mainland to shop
the prices are always higher then my last visit. Plus
the price of gas is going `up again....
I wanta stay a `kid 4-Ever
4-Sure

Attached Thumbnails Your BLOG: SUNDAY, August 16, 2009 : )-up-b09rkin06ca40l2b.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 08-16-2009 at 06:06 AM.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:21 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

well its still rainin...looked at the radar on my phone and like 3/4 tge state is in storms....well its good for the corn...bad for the racing...so gunna pack up and head home...even if

Old 08-16-2009, 07:24 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

the rain stoped still would take them a bit to dry the track esp since i dont think thit track is all that well equipt so im off to get soakedpackin up... hope everyone has a good day

Old 08-16-2009, 07:37 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Morning Everyone.

Was out all day yesterday with the family. Its always great when i can spend it Jonny. We went to see G.I. Joe. Loved it. Cant wait to see the sequel.

As for today, not really sure. I think i might take Jonny and see District 9. I might even the Monte washed today. Lord knows it needs it.

Thats all thats happening here today. Just another Sunday in HOT-Lawton.

Old 08-16-2009, 08:25 AM

its august already... time flies i guess the last time i was on here i belive i was in kuwait getting ready to come back to iraq... havent see na cloud in like 3 an a half months i think.. miss my monte the net here sucks and i wanna go home ... any way good day all around was on mision til like 3 am then came back slept til like 730ish and still have done nothing so ya a good day all around aand the temp in northern iraq today was .... well my thermomiter only goes to 120 F so i am guessin more than that...hope all have a wonderful sunday

Last edited by dirty mech; 08-16-2009 at 08:28 AM.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:32 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Well tomorrow school starts.. cant believe im already a junior, time flies. Well Im off to a reupholstery shop that specializes. Id like to see if I could have all my seats redone, with red stitching. Mabye some red or silver piping.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Your BLOG: SUNDAY, August 16, 2009 : )