Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Your `Future ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 08:45 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Future of our World ?

I've gone with this thinking...

If I believe in God, and those who say there's no God are correct, then whenI die I've got nothing to lose by believing.

But If the believers are correct, and there is a God,then I still have nothing to lose. But the non-believers have everything to lose.

Of course this is not the only reason I believe in God. But I'm not going to go into great detail.
I think it's something you either believe in, or don't. Andone side isn't going to change the minds of the other side. Doesn't mean you can't try though.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:05 AM

[align=center]Hi `Craig, Mod `Taz, & Member's,[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]First off, one has to acknowledge that regardless of what any of us believe, our beliefs are not going to change the fact that either God exists or He/She/It doesn't. Reality is whatever reality is regardless of what you and I believe. Our beliefs about reality are just that -- beliefs. I am thankful that everyone has a choice to choose what they
believe, and what they don't believe. I respect your right to believe, and the right toexpress your belief. Religion to me is a individualchoice, and I don't think religion should be forced upon anyone. I think each person should have that right, that choice.
I do believe the topic of religion can be a no win debate. Everyone must choose what their minds are able to accept. I shall continue on my `journey of my human lifenot purposely hurting myself, or others, and
do everything within my powers/ability to stop the hurt to others.
I shall keep a open mind, and continue on for my thirst of knowledge and understanding. Thanks `Craig, & member's for your input.
And `Now, back to our `Future ?

The new Chruch of the MCF
Let us all `pray for peace, and for our Monte Carlo's
May we all travel safely on our Highways of `Life.
`Amen [/align]

Old 04-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

Future - self-reliance... Solar, wind, and hydro for home power. Electric, and Hydrogen for Cars, Buses, Trains, and planes. Recycled plastics mixed with old tires and other rubber products to produce the NEW SUPER pavement that does not wear or breakdown like asphalt or concrete.

I loved that show on Discovery called "Invention Nation" that showed all the stuff we could be doing to go Green right now. One of the coolest was a small hydro generator that produced enough power for 30 houses. The generator itself was no bigger than a typical house fan. They put a 4" O.D. PVC pipe into a creek to divert a small amount of water, and that was funneled down to a 2" o.d. PVC pipe that spun the generator, and the electricity was stored in a large bank of batteries. They had the old lead batteries,but in a couple years we could use carbon nanotubes (100% biodegradable) batteries that would be smaller than a standard travel suitcase and weigh in at about 25-pounds, for mass storage of power. The generator is super quiet too, and the water can be diverted directly back into the creek totally polution free for it is only spinning a fan.

I have acreek running along the side of my house, so this is a real possibility for me. But solar panels on the roof, and by the way, a New Process for generating solar panels has been created that reduce the cost of panels less than half of what it was only a year ago.

$9600 as part of a new house build would make that home grid free, and presents a $40 a month utility bill. I think most of us would be happy if all they had to pay for all their electric was $40 a month, especially if they had a electric furance & hot water tank.

Old 04-04-2008, 02:32 PM

[align=center]Hi `Craig,[/align][align=center]Your post reflects that you have been doing your homework[/align][align=center]for future preservation of our resources, and your funds.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I think our future will be forced to build/live more efficiently.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]America can not afford to be wasting, and either can[/align][align=center]our government. We have so much waste in our country,[/align][align=center]and I just read about the earmarks forpork barrel project costs that[/align][align=center]our congress has approved.[/align][align=center]There are people starving in the USA, and going without medical[/align][align=center]treatment.You would `cry `if you really knew how your[/align][align=center]taxes are being spent unwisely : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]There is little, or no accountability of ourgovernment wasteful[/align][align=center]spending.I sure don't like how my taxes are being spent : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I've been reading about the great depression, and it was a [/align][align=center]sad time for Americans, but it seems we have not learned[/align][align=center]the lessons from the crash of the stockmarket over[/align][align=center]a half of a century ago.[/align][align=center]I still have `hope, that we will do better, that more people[/align][align=center]will get involved in the process, that more people wake `up[/align][align=center]and contribute, instead of just taking.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]"United we Stand, divided we Fall",[/align][align=center]I think it could be a very Bad `Fall [X(][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I look in2 my mirror, and ask: "What are you doing to[/align][align=center]make it better ?" I think we all need to ask ourselves[/align][align=center]that question, and hopefully give positive answers/actions.[/align][align=center]Peace/Out `Space[/align][align=center]~ What we do in our present, determines our future"[/align]

Old 04-04-2008, 04:48 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

When all else fails, we still have it in ourselves to produce energy:

Old 04-04-2008, 04:54 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

GPD, your post was a real gas!

(thank you, thank you, I'm here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitress.)

Old 04-04-2008, 05:09 PM

[align=center][/align][align=center]We aree with our `Mod [/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]GP `Dave,[/align][align=center]Again thank you for the Humor Post on a [/align][align=center]Topic Thread that was diverting from it's intended purpose.[/align][align=center]~ Our Future ~[/align][align=center]Now, we have to find a person to be able to[/align][align=center]bottle human `gas to be used as a fuel source.[][&o][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Regular/High Test/or ~>Super Taco Bell Dinner[/align][align=center][8D][&:][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Or maybe, the Monte Carlo seats could have special[/align][align=center]connecting hoses/vents, so that they would go directly[/align][align=center]into the fuel system for power?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Ready, Aim....Fire [/align][align=center]LOL ~ LOL[/align][align=center]Thank You![/align][align=center]~~Space ~>Posts[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 04-04-2008, 05:39 PM
Default RE: Your `Future ?

[align=center][:-]We have to look at our World [:-][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Outside the box, for new fuel sources[/align][align=center]to power our Monte Carlo's[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Click below link to[/align][align=center]`See what's in your future ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]http://www.yourfuture.com/[/align]

Old 04-04-2008, 05:43 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Lithium-Battery Cars May Deliver 300 Miles Per Charge

http://www.local6.com/news/8988315/detail.html

Old 04-04-2008, 08:40 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer

Lithium-Battery Cars May Deliver 300 Miles Per Charge

http://www.local6.com/news/8988315/detail.html
See... $35,000 $0.03 a mile, $11,500 to retro a house to go off grid and sell its surpass to the electric company... Life is good! and Cheap!

Quick Reply: Your `Future ?