Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
100 % of the time : )
25.00%
75 % of the time
41.67%
50% of the time
16.67%
25 % of the time
8.33%
0 % of the time
8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Are you a Safe Driver, in your Monte Carlo ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 04:03 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Are you a Safe Driver, in your Monte Carlo ?

[align=center]

[/align][align=center][align=center][/align]

[hr]

Drinking and driving instructional training programs
[/align][align=center]

Ticket dismissal, insurance reduction, defensive driving courses - online!
[/align][align=center]

[hr]

[/align][align=center]
Teen Driving Statistics
National
Colorado
Graduated Drivers Licensing

National Teen Driving Statistics
[/align][align=center]
[ul][*][align=center]Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for teenagers. [/align][*][align=center]16 year-olds have higher crash rates than drivers of any other age. [/align][*][align=center]16-year-olds are three times more likely to die in a motor vehicle crash than the average of all drivers. [/align][*][align=center]3,467 drivers age 15-20 died in car crashes in 2005. [/align][*][align=center]Drivers age 15-20 accounted for 12.6 percent of all the drivers involved in fatal crashes and 16 percent of all the drivers involved in police-reported crashes in 2005. [/align][*][align=center]Graduated drivers license programs appear to be making a difference. Fatal crashes involving 15- to 20-year olds in 2005 were down 6.5 percent from 7,979 in 1995, to the lowest level in ten years.
[/align][*][align=center]The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates the economic impact of auto accidents involving 15-20 year old drivers is over $40 billion. [/align][*][align=center]According to a 2005 survey of 1,000 people ages 15 and 17, conducted by the Allstate Foundation [/align][ul][*][align=center]More than half (56 percent) of young drivers use cell phones while driving, [/align][*][align=center]69 percent said that they speed to keep up with traffic [/align][*][align=center]64 percent said they speed to go through a yellow light. [/align][*][align=center]47 percent said that passengers sometimes distract them. [/align][*][align=center]Nearly half said they believed that most crashes involving teens result from drunk driving. [/align][/ul][*][align=center]23 percent of teen drivers killed in 2005 were intoxicated, according
to NHTSA.
[/align][*][align=center]Statistics show that 16 and 17-year-old driver death rates increase with each additional passenger (IIHS). [/align][/ul][/align][align=center]
Colorado Teen Driving Statistics [/align][align=center]Source: [URL=http://www.coteendriver.com/]Colorado Department of Transportation[/lin

Old 07-10-2007, 07:12 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: Are you a Safe Driver, in your Monte Carlo ?

well i did vote 100% but its more like 90% of the time, i like to be the safest i can, especially with a little one in the car

Old 07-10-2007, 10:54 AM

it depends what you mean by safe if you mean wearing your seat belt and not drinking and driving then absolutely but if you mean by going the speed limit im going to have to plead guilty

Old 07-10-2007, 03:15 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

WARNING
Space's first driving lesson.......Watch out `if you see him on your
roads of your life.
Now, he fly'in on his highways everywhere....
BeWare
Wish all the members Safe/Happy/Fun miles as you travel your
`Highways of Life..
`Space Outa Here
[:-]

Old 07-10-2007, 04:48 PM

I agree with natedawg0613I always were my belt and never drink n drive but you better not be going slow in the fast lane or you will have a Monte right up your tailpipes. I started driving on my Dads farm when I was 12. Got my licence as soon as I was eligible and yes I did take drivers ed as it reduced my insurance but I could have taught the class.

Old 07-10-2007, 07:55 PM

lead
follow
or get the hell outta my way

i hate seat belts, far as im concerned they kill as much as they save. and ill never driv ethe limit and i always drive agressivly. my car is fast and people know it

Old 07-10-2007, 08:29 PM

I wear my belts and make everyone in the car wear them, don't drink and drive, and don't speed (well not too much) with anyone else in the car. But when I'm by myself...well, lets just say it's amazing I havent gotten a ticket yet.

Old 07-11-2007, 02:35 AM

i dont wear my seat belt.... i usually drive pretty slow so everbody can see me rollin.... until somebody decides to challenge me (and lose)

Old 07-11-2007, 03:23 AM

I voted, 100%. No I do not always go by the speed limit, But I am avery safe driver,thats knows his limits and the limits of every vehicle that I drive.
I am a professional Truck driver for the last 20 yrs, over 1.5 million miles without a accident. I am very proud of that and hope to keep racking up those safe driving miles. I honestly don't know if I would even know what to do as far as paperwork goes, if I had a accident. hope to never find out.

Mike.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:50 AM

I have to admit that normally I am a very safe driver, but I am also very aggressive. Most ppl see me driving think I'm nuts, but it's only because I know the limits of my machines... like I coudl go 90 mph an hour on a interstate without blinking, but I don't because our 70 mph roads going 90 is like a thousand dollar ticket, and my insurance would skyrocket. I'm currently enjoying a good relaxation of insurance rates because I recently turned 25, and a accident is off my record.

But yeah, back on a safe driving thing. I probably take ramps too fast, and accelerate too fast for some people, but the reality is I only go as fast as I am comfortable with on a daily basis. If I drive too fast, you think too slow!

I usually take whatever traffic is doing (usually 70 on a 65 mph highway) and add 5 or so. This keeps me ahead of the pack, and allows me to monitor traffic load, so if say, a police car is ahead, I can usually get a hint because of the 15 or so cars that will be lined up behind him. Plus, I don't have to worry about people going one mph faster than traffic getting on the side of me, then swerving to avoid a rock in the road and hitting me. (honestly, lady in town wrecked trying to avoid a coffee cup lid... totaled her Mitsu!)

In citytraffic I'm less aggressive than on the highway, but it's only because in traffic ppl can throw things, lmao!