General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.
View Poll Results: Is your Monte Carlo 100% ?
Yes, it's 100% Road Ready
68.18%
Needs some work to be 100 % Safe & Road Ready
22.73%
Needs a lot of work & $'s
4.55%
Not Safe, but I still Drive it : ( Needs Big $'s/Work
0%
For `Justin, My Monte is maintained, but all in pieces : )
4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Is your Monte Carlo Safe/Maintained ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 07:51 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Is your Monte Carlo Safe/Maintained ?

Hi Member's,
Is your Monte Carlo in Top Condition ?
Needs Nothing ?
Ready for a `Trip across country ?
Good Tires/Brakes/Suspension/Exhaust/Mechanically Sound/etc & Ready to Hit the Roads of `Life...

If not, what do you have to do 2 make your
Monte Carlo 100%

Post what you have to do to get everything in
Good Shape ?
What is your projected cost to get everything in Top Condtion ?

Last edited by Space; 06-01-2011 at 07:58 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:04 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

My Monte is pretty much always ready to hit the highway and drive cross country and back. I commute in it 110+ miles a day, so it always needs to be ready.

However, even though I checked 100% ready to go, before I left to take it cross country it needs new front brakes and and oil change. But I already bought the oil and the new brakes/ rotors, so probably the weekend after next I will change out the front brakes and change the oil. My rotors are warped AGAIN. So this time I bought PowerSlot Cryo treated rotors. Not cheap, but hopefully will fix the warped rotor issue I seem to have.

And I just bought my Mobil 1 Extended Performance because Autozone has the $34.99 for 5 quarts of Mobil 1 EP and a Mobil 1 filter deal going again.

So I guess technically it does need a little done to it before I would drive it cross country. BUT its just the basics.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:11 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

It's the Daily driver and pretty much our only car (since my son took over the other one) so it has to be maintained regularly. Besides who doesn't love working on their monte.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:13 AM

..Thanks `Michael for your post & information...
WoW, 110 miles a day work commute...Yes, you are wise to keep your Monte in Top Shape 4-Sure...

I see so many vehicles on the Road that should not be out there...When I was a Walmart I looked at many cars that had bald tires & were falling apart ..In Florida we don't have vehicle inspections, but I think we should even though it would be a pain in the butt...

I think a safe ride should be a priority in a driver's life...Not just to protect themselves, but their family, friends that ride in your Monte, but the others on the road that you confront.

Maintaining a Vehicle can be expensive, but I think it's a good investment for your hard working $'s....I've learned it's better to be Safe ~> then Sorry

Old 06-01-2011, 08:21 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

We don't have inspections in California either. Every 2 years we have to get a smog test, but thats it. They don't look at yours tires and all that good stuff. And for the first 5 years of a new cars life, it doesn't even require a smog check (I guess they assume a new car will not be putting out to much emissions anyway). So my Monte has never been smogged, and probably won't need to be smogged until next year or the year after for the first time.

Just to throw it out there for anyone looking in this thread that might be saying they need new tires soon: I have the Michelin Hydroedge on my Monte and LOVE them. They handle great, and the tread life is awesome. So far I have 20K on them, and they still look practically new. Awesome in the rain and they even look great on the car.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:41 AM

Thanks Mod `Michael for your endorsement. I've read great reviews on below:
Michelin HydroEdge Tire Review.mp4

5 min - Oct 23, 2010 - Uploaded by lhendrick
With 10000 miles on the Michelin HydroEdge tires, I thought it was time to do a short review. So far, the overall feelings are very positive ...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3esEklg3IU

More videos for michelin hydroedge review »

michelin hydroedge Tire Reviews (318 Reviews)
318 reviews - Price range: USD $135.99 to $230.99

MICHELIN® HydroEdge® tires offer an outstanding 90000-mile warranty, modern aesthetics, and better wet braking than the competition. ...
www.1010tires.com › Tire Reviewsmichelin - Cached - Similar-

Old 06-01-2011, 08:57 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

that's funny, scince i need tires for the car to be very close to 100%. my currant tires are starting to dry rot unfortinilty, and the tires on my new wheels don't have alot of tread left.

other than that, i'm more worried about normal crap that can fail on any 168,000 mile, 15 year old car. like rusty brakelines. always interesting to pop one of those, i should know! haha

Old 06-01-2011, 08:57 AM

Below from Valvoline Site
Has some great information...If you have a great link on repairs, please post/share ~> Thank You
Car Care

We'll help you keep your car in great running shape, from grill to trunk. Click below Topics================================================== =======================

Auto maintenance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Auto maintenance describes the act of inspecting or testing the condition ... During preventive maintenance, a number of parts are replaced to avoid major ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto_maintenance - Cached - Similar

Preventive Maintenance for Your Car

Preventive maintenance is a necessary expense to keep your vehicle in good running condition. Following the scheduled maintenance recommendations in your ...
www.aa1car.com/library/pm.htm - Cached - Similar

Vehicle Preventive Maintenance | eHow.com

Vehicle Preventive Maintenance. Preventive maintenance may seem like an unnecessary car expense, but it often involves matters that you'll have to take care ...
www.ehow.com › Car Repair & Maintenance - Cached - Similar

Last edited by Space; 06-01-2011 at 08:59 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:15 AM

My Monte is all ready to go, mechanically, visually, etc. Knock on wood, god forbid something happens now that I said that. Except for an EVAP leak, which is really only affecting gas mileage, last I checked, but it's minor.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:29 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

mine is good to go at all times it is all ways cheeper to fix it when the problem first starts than to wait untill it gets worse in my book.

Quick Reply: Is your Monte Carlo Safe/Maintained ?