Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

You might be a Monte Carlo Forum member if....

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 04:02 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: You might be a Monte Carlo Forum member if....

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

10) You know the realname of atleast 10 members jsut by glancing at their screenname, avatar, or signature.

16) You have ever met any member of the forum in reality (the only of these points I do not qualify for).

Along those lines...

You have ever seen a real pic of two or more members.

1000 Bonus points if you've seen actual pics of at least two MCF moderators. (good luck!)

Old 01-07-2009, 04:35 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Lesse....adding one....

You might be a member of the MCF if...

...people tend to know who you are even though you may not know or remember them.

I'm so guilty of that one at times; it drives me crazy to not know or remember someone....

NO FAIR, Cort!

I found MCF from your recommendation and joined the web site.

Some of the other MCF members knew you.

YOU............... WEREN'T EVEN A MEMBER OF THE WEB SITE AT THE TIME.

[sm=smiley29.gif] [sm=bustedsign.gif]

Old 01-07-2009, 10:44 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2011
10 Year Member

you lurk when you haven't posted for awhile

Old 01-08-2009, 09:35 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: RickCoMatic

When you cringe reading that somebody's car got messed-up and needs a lot of work to get fixed.
Yeap... I qualify for this one... somebody on hte Jeff Gordon forums just creamed a deer with an 04 supercharged... messed up the hood, headlight assembly, and now the door rubs their fender...

Old 01-08-2009, 12:16 PM
rj
15 Year Member

You might be a MCF member IF...........

The only girl you can to ride in your car in reality looks like Wanda, the toothless hillbilly girl.
(Wanda, I believe you need a shave)

But when she get's in your Monte, she look like ...........

Old 01-26-2009, 08:46 AM

5 Year Member

You cry/lose sleep/worry when 'Space disappears for long periods of time.

You know that a piece of the Monte Carlo Forum is missing when 'Space does not post for atleast 3 days.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:06 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I got an email from Space today. Among other things, he had this to say:

I had 2 return to the states when my g/father had a stroke. He just got transferred to a rehab hospital. He is improving.

The Bums are still in Kuwait, and are very homesick. It is really strange without them in my life. My life sure has been changing fast.

I am presently taking care of my g/fathers business, and my girlfriend is my g/p's full time nurse. My boss is a good friend of my grandfathers and is holding my position, but I am not going to leave my g/p until he is better and can take care of himself. I am hoping & praying.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:00 PM

5 Year Member

wow... things really do change fast for us sometimes... i'm glad to know he's atleast coping and looking to the brighter side of things as always.

Old 01-27-2009, 05:56 AM

[align=center][/align][align=center]Youmight be a active Monte Carlo Forum Members `if youlike the best five passenger coupe producedforyour dollars. [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Each Generation Monte Carlo provides a special vehicle for special people that require a unique designed, and areliable form of transportation. I`ve learned if you treat a Monte with love, it will love you back, but like any auto, `if you abuse it, it will abuse you back. ~>4-$ure[8D][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I think our MCF is a lot like `life. It has it`s problems, but the active members endure the many problems ofour site to stay connected to others that areMonte Carloenthusiast. The ones that take pride in theircars. The members that freely share their experiences, and help other members when a problemarises.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Aforum that honor`s the best of the best with it`s Monte of the Month/Year contest. To me, every member is a winner `if they own and drive the Awesome Chevrolet Monte Carlo. It takes a intelligent person to choose the benefits of owning a driving a Monte Carlo. When you own a Monte, you get a lot of Bang for your Bucks $$$`s [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Which Monte Carlo is the best one ? I think it is the one that you have the keys to : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I really enjoy the MCF, & the many cyber web friends I`ve met online. I now have been a member for over 3 years, and have seen many members come & `go, but the true Monte Carloenthusiast always returns. It can be addicting : ) & a hard habit to break. I have been fortunate to have owned two Monte Carlo`s: a 2005LT and a 2006 LT3, and I`ve loved both of them. They were not race cars, but a super performing touring coupe for five. With time & money a Monte Carlo can become much faster & better. I really enjoy reading MCF posts on how many members seek out the most performance from their Monte`s. I also really enjoy the mod`s that members make to their Monte Carlo`s to made their Monte their own.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The MCF is the only auto forum that I belong, but I have visited many other sites, and they do not have the loyal following of the MCF. Sure we have our problems, but like any auto family, the family resolves the problems, and gets on with their mission in life. I also think we are fortunate to have SuperSuper Moderators (past & present) that have dedicated their time (for `free), to keep our site running under some very difficult conditions.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I wish more members would greet the new members and encourage them to post, and be a active contributing member to the Monte Carlo Family Forum.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The MCF will only be as good or bad as the active members make it..What are you doing to make it better ? The Monte Carlo is no longer produced, but we are grateful to have a site to visit, and share our experience with our Monte Carlos, and to seek help/advise when a problem exist. It will be up to each member to keep our forum up and running.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Presently we only have one major sponsor:[/align][align=center]

[/align][align=center]
Support our Sponsors[/align]

[align=center]Please support MonteCarloForum.com by making every effort to direct your purchasing decisions to our sponsors and don`t forget to mention that you saw their ad on the Monte Carlo Forum site![/align]

[align=center] AMSOIL - Performance Oil Technology[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]With no Sponsors, we would not be [X(]...Please support our sponsors.[/align][align=center]

[hr]

[/align][align=center][:-]Winner of Monte of the Month [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Thanks MCF Super Member Cowboy6622 -Duane Black-, for this great thread topic, and for allhis contributions to the Monte Carlo Family. We appreciate.[/align][align=center]Thanks also to our Moderator`s, and to all members that contribute to make our forum the best Monte Carlo Site on the World Wide Wide.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Wish the reader a Happy Day/Life.[/align][align=center]EnJoy your highways oflife in your Awesome Monte Carlo.[/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center][/align][/align][align=center][/align][align=center] [:-][/align][align=center]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4301/04270FDE63C94A5DA3777638449F0694.jpg[/IMG] [/align]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4301/6CE794348A694CA7BE905A9F70D1858E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-27-2009, 08:36 AM

You might be a Monte Carlo Member `if
your sell your Awesome Tony Stewart Edition Monte Carlo SS
and get a Hemi/RWD/4doorsto take yourtwo little beautifulgirls
with you. But, you still remain on the MCF because it is an
addiction to the Chevrolet Monte Carlo.
It`s great to see `Josh ~> Mod WizKidd back on the forum
posting, and helping members.
[:-]
`Josh, great to see you back online, and helping chase/control the very few bad membersthat visit & like to cause problems
Josh & I have been in withdrawels since we`ve sold our Montes, but the Monte Carlo Rehabilitation Center has helped us a lot : )
Now we just look @ pictures, and dream of getting another Monte Carlo in our futures.
LOL ~ LOL
Peace/Out/Space

Quick Reply: You might be a Monte Carlo Forum member if....