Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Are you Happy where you live & drive your Monte ?
Yes
76.19%
No
23.81%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Are you Happy where you live & drive your Monte Carlo ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 04:41 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Utah is just fine for me. Newer freeways everywhere, rush hour is nothing compared to other larger cities. Most times the lanes are wide open.... I lived in Phoenix for 8 years, it was okay, but boy the heat will beat you down. My vehicle had no AC and the rental house a swamp cooler, and I worked construction so never escaped the heat. On the upside one always stayed skinny from all the excessive sweating. Utah living is bliss, 4 seasons and gorgeous places to explore.

How's the having no right to own guns thing working out for the Canadian citizens Taz? Bet the crimianls sure do love it.

Old 02-24-2014, 08:56 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Our gun laws are not as bad as you might think. I don't want to hijack the thread. But... Criminals will always get a gun no matter where you live. Whether the home owner had a gun or not wouldn't matter in the case of a driveby shooting. The bad people are long gone by the time you get your gun out.

If we want to talk about gun control, I suggest a new thread be created. So we can keep this one on track.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:09 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question "To have a gun or not" >That is the ?

Sadly `Lou,
It seems that guns & homes `go together in today's world and where a person resides (lives).

I know that I take my gun with me when I go to Miami or the port.
It's sad there are so many bad people with illegal guns, but it's a fact of life in our country/world.

Come `in Welcome to my Home

LoL Mr Zippy `Greg, HighJack my thread will `ya....Take this >

Last edited by Space; 02-24-2014 at 09:12 AM.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Space
Sadly `Lou,
It seems that guns & homes `go together in today's world and where a person resides (lives).
Well all that gun **** ruined what was a good discussion.

I can go elsewhere

Old 02-24-2014, 12:17 PM
Unhappy >Sorry Post<

Originally Posted by TomF106SS
Well all that gun **** ruined what was a good discussion.

I can go elsewhere

Hi `Tom, I'm sorry that you feel that way . It's never my intent to offend anyone. This topic is in the news everyday & part of our society. Our member's are all part of society. I hope your reply means that you are just leaving this thread & it's topic & that you are not departing the MCF. Of course, that is everyone's `choice.
http://www.englewoodgov.org/inside-c...ime-statistics

It's sometimes difficult to choose subjects that appeal & are enjoyed by everyone in our very diverse membership. I'm sorry that you were disturbed or unhappy with the topic or posts.

Peace/Out

Last edited by Space; 02-24-2014 at 12:29 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:28 PM

Yea I'm pretty happy with where I live. I'm in North Carolina so we don't really see much snow. It has snowed maybe a grand total of 3 inches this year which it was all gone in 3 or 4 days. The last time it snowed was like 3 years ago. So it's nice not having to deal with salt like up north. Obviously it would be nice to live in Florida or Texas (or somewhere similar) where you wouldn't have to worry about snow pretty much at all. It would also be nice to live some where that didn't do inspections for emissions so I could run catless. But overall I'm very happy with where I live

Old 02-24-2014, 12:54 PM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I am happy with where I live. I don't really mind the winter cause the change of the seasons is nice to have but I do wish I had a winter beater. I am hoping once I am done with school and the monte last that long, I can finally get a winter beater and fix the monte so it will only be used in the summer. By then it will most likely have over 200,000 miles but it would tell a great story. As far as the question goes I like where I live and I am pretty sure I will be living here for good.

Old 02-24-2014, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Space

Hi `Tom, I'm sorry that you feel that way . It's never my intent to offend anyone. This topic is in the news everyday & part of our society. Our member's are all part of society. I hope your reply means that you are just leaving this thread & it's topic & that you are not departing the MCF. Of course, that is everyone's `choice.
City of Englewood, Colorado : Crime Statistics

It's sometimes difficult to choose subjects that appeal & are enjoyed by everyone in our very diverse membership. I'm sorry that you were disturbed or unhappy with the topic or posts.

Peace/Out
Yes Space, I think your post was offensive.

As a moderator, I thought you would want to help keep a thread on topic.

But it was right after someone suggested that the gun topic needed it's own thread so that the current topic didn't get Hi jacked,
the you, a moderator hijacked the thread!

Old 02-24-2014, 01:13 PM
Lightbulb "We must look in2 our own mirror b-4 we judge"

Hi Tom, I'm sorry that you perceive my posts to be a highjack & offensive. But, isn't your posts a highjack to the thread subject. ?
If you feel that I am wrong high jacking my own thread, please report me to our Administrator's.
I shall continue to contribute the best to my abilities on the MCF.
Wish you a Happy Life in Peace
https://montecarloforum.com/forum/of...entment-47413/

Last edited by Space; 02-24-2014 at 01:23 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:14 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Space's original question of this thread was asking if we're happy where we live and drive. I mentioned that I moved to a happier place because my old place is not a good place to be anymore.

I'm sorry I took the thread slightly off track with my reply to Greg. But that's why I suggested we move the gun discussion to another thread. Which Space did start a thread on guns. This current discussion of making Space feel bad is taking the topic further off subject. If you have a problem with Space, PM him and discuss it. Or contact an admin.

Please return to the original subject, or this thread will be closed.

Quick Reply: Are you Happy where you live & drive your Monte Carlo ?