Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Do you care if they are watching you ?
No, I don't care if they are watching me : )
35.29%
Yes, I think it is wrong & should Stop NOW
23.53%
I need more information on this subject..
0%
I'm watching you right NOW : )
41.18%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

You are all being tracked now.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011 | 10:25 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
3 Year Member1 Year Member
5 Year Member

It doesn't really bother me if they watch or not. I don't care. If I am not doing anything wrong that is.

Old 04-29-2011 | 10:56 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Can't watch with this on...

Old 04-29-2011 | 11:03 AM
|
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

LOL `Ted ~> U get better look'in everyday....LOL
Thanks 4 the funny 4-Sure....I think the pressure is getting 2 you or you've been viewing too many crazy posts from outer `Space LOL

Old 04-29-2011 | 06:41 PM

Space, I'm one of the spies. We're watching you. LOL

Old 04-29-2011 | 06:42 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

Oh, you are not. I am.

Old 04-29-2011 | 08:29 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I'm watching all of you

Old 04-29-2011 | 08:46 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

I need someone watching me these days.....

Old 04-29-2011 | 10:37 PM

ya i got a iphone, theres people probly watching me.. does that bother me.. kinda.. but i got nothing to hide... plus no ones goina be able to tell the goverment to F- off lol

Old 04-30-2011 | 07:30 AM
|

TechMan: Big brother has access to devices that knows where you are 2011
By Ced Kurtz, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
=======================================
Lots of devices know where you are these days -- cell phones, E-ZPass tolling devices, security cameras with face recognition, GPS units, card swipes for doors and social media sites such as Facebook.
And many of these keep a record of where you've been.
The access that authorities have to this information comprises a new field called location privacy. The laws of location privacy are being written right now as the number devices that know your whereabouts explodes.
In cases so far, the government has been approaching requests to see your location records under the assumption that no search warrant is required. The Constitutional protection afforded by a warrant requires the highest level of proof from authorities.
But stored communications, such as copies of emails kept by your Internet service provider or email provider, can be accessed under the Stored Communications Act without Constitutional protection and with less stringent proof than needed for a warrant.
A number of federal magistrates have disagreed with the government's less stringent approach, arguing that such access is protected under the Constitution and requires a warrant.
One of those was Judge Lisa Lenihan, of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania in Pittsburgh.
In 2008, authorities asked Judge Lenihan for permission to look at cell phone location records related to a suspected drug trafficker they were having trouble tracking.
The request was made under the less lenient proof standards of the Stored Communications Act, requiring only that the information be shown to be relevant to a criminal investigation.
Judge Lenihan denied the request, arguing that the Stored Communications Act did not apply and that authorities would have to satisfy the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution requiring proof of "reasonable suspicion of criminal activity" as is required for a warrant.
Several other federal magistrates made similar rulings and the government appealed the matter to the Third U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.
In a partial victory for privacy advocates, that court ruled in September that federal magistrates may require a warrant for location information at their discretion, but it stopped short of ruling that such information always falls under Constitutional protection and always requires a warrant.
Also, the ruling only applies within the purview of the Third Circuit -- Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware.
So until Congress or the U.S. Supreme Court step in, we must assume that authorities will continue to seek location information using the less stringent proof. And judges can either grant or deny such requests at their discretion.
The Electronic Frontier Foundation, a nonprofit group that backs digital users' rights and has participated in location privacy suits, believes there is another solution.
The foundation points out that there have always been ways to find out someone's location -- hire a guy in a trench coat to follow him, for example. But that is expensive. And the individual might spot the person tailing him.
Electronic location information is cheap and fast to obtain, and can be accessed without the subject's knowledge.
The foundation acknowledges that the easiest and cheapest way to build location-aware technology is to include zero privacy. But with a little additional engineering using modern cryptographic methods, privacy could be improved.
For example, electronic cash could make toll collection anonymous.
Location-based search could have the searcher's identity encoded as well as the information returned from the location.
It is likely government and law enforcement would oppose encrypting location information just as they have opposed encrypting emails and other communications.
Another approach would be for location-based services not to keep records of their customers locations. But companies want these records to sell advertising and settle disputes.
And the government could alter the law at any time to require record retention. This already has been done in Europe.
For now, it is traveler be aware. Know that your location now and in the past is being recorded and those records can be accessed with varying degrees of proof.
Visit www.eff.org for the latest legal developments in electronic privacy laws.

Old 04-30-2011 | 07:52 AM
|

Originally Posted by Blazed SS
kid you would have been safe if you would not had gotten the RFID chipped drivers license
LOL `Keith, I missed your post yesterday ~> Funny 4-Sure
Below is my license : )

Attached Thumbnails You are all being tracked now.-dl-space.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 04-30-2011 at 08:02 AM.