Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

YEAH BABY!!! THE MONTE IS MY SUPERHERO!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 06:20 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: YEAH BABY!!! THE MONTE IS MY SUPERHERO!!!

i think its the drivers... they read "oh this car nad these tries handle good in the snow according to the man who sold it to me".....

Old 12-11-2007, 07:49 AM

No matter what kind of tires you have it all comes down to the driver driving the conditions. Like Knight said above, a lot of people don't know how to drive in bad weather. I live here in western New York and people still don't know how to drive when there is a blizzard outside. They still try to go 70 on the freeway.

Anyways, I've always drived the conditions even if it means pissing the people behind me off. A good set of snow tires makes a huge difference too. So far so good with my MC and Winterforces here.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:35 PM

strange, i had a dream about my self driving down the road in the monte and everybody slipping around, but not my baby... it stayed straight and true, then i come on here and read this post....woah!!!

Old 12-17-2007, 12:00 AM

I dunno about you guys.... but I've rarely had problems in the snow that weren't caused by other ppl. Fortunately both my two previous FWD vehicles that I've driven in the snow with had good all weather tires.. As of right now the Goodyear eagles on my car are sucking it up in the winter, but I don't have the money to buy a set of good all weather/winter tires.I've always been used to tires with good deep profiles for water shedding/snow traction. they lose out on mileage slightly, but heck... they do better in rain/snow/etc.

I've learned to cope with these tires for now.... at worst they'll last me until summer where the motorcycle acessorie season is in full swing and I can count on an extra 600$ a month for bonuses. Then at that point I'll put some summer performance tires on the rims I'm buying and some decent snow/all weather on my stockers.