Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Yayee

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Yayee

Just got the speed governor removed on my M5 and my wife's 328, tonight I'm gonna check that to verify it but I'm especting the M5 to be well over 175mph in less than 2 miles. And sometime in tomorrow ill verify what my wife's car can do in open throttle mode in under two miles as well. He car was set at 125mph and I I've never driven it bast 90 but in my M5 I've pushed it to the speed governor @155 and that car always felt like it had so much more in it left to release on the pavement.

If I don't update this by thread by tonight it means I got pulled over and been arrested for doing triple to quadruple the speed limit lol.

Old 12-20-2014, 03:22 PM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

If your going that fast you better just keep on going. Hahaha

Old 12-20-2014, 03:38 PM

Hi `Henry,
If you are really going to do this (?)...I hope that you have really checked out your M5 for safety (?) to wit: Excellent High Performance Tires, Brakes, Suspension parts etc.

If you are going to do it on a public road (?) I would be sure to find a empty one with no traffic (including oncoming vehicle), or where there are no homes or people that could be affected by doing over 150 + MPH...that blows a tire from a piece of metal etc on the road (?)

Do you have a place like that in your area ? Do you have a Racing Helmet ? Or are you just going to gamble with your Life & maybe the Life's of others ?

I wish you would wait & take it to a track...You have a lot to lose `if something goes wrong, but again it is your ride & your life & your license. If you are going to do it (?) I hope that you record it to prove how brave or stupid you are ? >

On the MCF we don't encourage racing on the Street, but we are not that naïve that we don't know it happens.

I hope that you have given it a lot of thought before you fire `up and Gamble with your life. Don't you have a family with two young children ? I don't think they would like to see their father in jail or in a hospital or a morgue

I must really be getting `old & I'm started to sound just like my grandfather & the way he would teach/lecture me about high speed careless driving...I'm now over a 1/4 of a century old (maybe I'm started to mature (LOL) in age...I really hope you re-consider... So your (M5) car can over 150 > 200 > 300 ? +
$ Money can buy speed & anyone can push a gas pedal...
The risk to me are higher then the rewards 4-$ure!

p.s. I hope the above pic's > made U think (?) there are worse ones, but they all had dead bodies in them : (

Last edited by Space; 12-20-2014 at 03:56 PM.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:03 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I have to do the right thing and agree with Space on his comments, but to be honest I would do the exact same thing

Old 12-20-2014, 08:25 PM

Well thank you for your consideration space though u starting to sound like my wife. On my way now to that specific strech of highway, gonna stop by a mile marker and I got two spotters with me one a mile ahead going speed limit one stopped half a mile behind to make sure we don't get any surprise visits from anyone. This is an on going was between me and my buddies all of us rocking E60 M5's and we're all trying to outdue one another continously. Tonight I will reclaim my title umong them. Gonna do exactly a 2 mile run on a straight line highway and shoulders don't have the bumps on them so passing on shoulder isn't as bad if necessary. All lights will be off in my car cause some people when they see a car super fast approving the tend to swing around in their lane to force the speed to slow down. I'll let u guys know how fast I end up going, fastest I've ever driven a regesitered car/bike was about 3 years ago on my hyabusa I managed a 180 or so did my speedometer said.

Ps. I'm running a lowered car, one inch off the ground (slammed)
Running stock wheels with drag slick in back wheels, ZR rated tires up front.
And my car is nearly stripped out completely inside of all things I don't need.
Space I'm 28 years old, have 2 kids, a wife (jobless) and a mortgage, I work so much (90-110hrs weekly) its been a very rare occasion I get to go out and have fun with out being exhausted. Hell even my wife approved of me doing this tonight, she said you need to let out once in a while. If my wife is ok with it I'm going for it damn it.

Old 12-20-2014, 08:30 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

You can't remove the governor, you can only raise it.

Also, going anything over probably 80-90 on public streets is absolutely stupid and ignorant, especially if you have a wife and kids.

Plus, if your car is only a supposed inch off the ground, that's even worse. Any little bump you hit could bottom you out, throwing you off the road.

Good luck with this mindless endeavor.

Old 12-20-2014, 08:31 PM

Wish me luck my spotters are getting in positions now. One even managed a police scanners so this out to be fun. I'm one mile marker 188, at mile marker 186 ill hit the brakes and my spotted is gong to park there and use a speed gun to approve my time. There's a $4000 bet I hit over 175 if not I'm out 4k.

Old 12-20-2014, 08:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Habbibie
Wish me luck my spotters are getting in positions now. One even managed a police scanners so this out to be fun. I'm one mile marker 188, at mile marker 186 ill hit the brakes and my spotted is gong to park there and use a speed gun to approve my time. There's a $4000 bet I hit over 175 if not I'm out 4k.
Dude, you're so full of ****... this game over and over... you have a jobless wife, 2 kids and a mortgage, plus a supposed supercharged M5, that just got tuned and limited raised...

You didn't bet $4,000 on this... probably not even $4...

Old 12-20-2014, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by red04montels
You can't remove the governor, you can only raise it.

Also, going anything over probably 80-90 on public streets is absolutely stupid and ignorant, especially if you have a wife and kids.

Plus, if your car is only a supposed inch off the ground, that's even worse. Any little bump you hit could bottom you out, throwing you off the road.

Good luck with this mindless endeavor.

Call me stupid call me crazy I'm going for it.

One inch off the ground I've never bottomed out doing 155 twice prior.

Old 12-20-2014, 08:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

This is the most pointless thread I've ever read on here. Congrats on doing.. nothing but endangering yourself.