Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

XM Radio suddenly works!!!????

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 09:45 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Don't you have to buy the aux port adapter and plug it into the rear of the radio?

This way you don't have to undo the cd player to have Aux? Then your Aux button would go to that. They were just thinking ahead, giving you an option to upgrade :p

Old 09-02-2011, 09:54 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I still want to use the CD player though. It's just as well I don't have an MP3 input. We have a ban on using hand-held devices in your car here. I'd be constantly getting tickets. The cops here in Windsor are unbelievable. We even made it to the #2 position in the list of cities in North America with the most speed traps. I think Warren, MI was #1??? Not sure now.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:11 AM

I upgraded my radio to a kenwood because I couldn't stand not being able to listen to my ipod, I had an FM transmitter but it worked terribly, it was always cutting in and out. I think the $600 or so dollars was worth it but just wish I would've saved up a little more before I did it.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:20 PM

i was kinda scared to listen to it in fear that id get the "GOTCHA!" too. lol but iv never been a subscriber. they dont even know who i am. maybe the previous owner is getting a bill. lmao

my radio doesnt even have an AUX button. i got the CD/Tape button. but, i finally found an iPod interface that works with my radio.

apparently, a CD/Tape/XM/Onstar radio is unheard of in the 04 SS Monte.

Old 09-02-2011, 01:09 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm no longer doing the 900 miles per week commute in the Monte (or doing the 900 mile per week commute in any car ) but when I was, the XM was worth the cost. I liked the 60s & 70s channels with no commercials, the news shows and when I was bored with that a random sampling from the Metal & Hair Band channels, the all Grateful Dead channel or Techno. As long as a dozen channels were interesting it was worth it.

XM is a hybrid of satellite and terrestrial signals. I often found it odd that it would sometimes cut out in open sky but would never skip a beat (hah! pun intended) in a tunnel.

No commute = no use for 500 channels of audio entertainment.

Now for radio I listen to the few remaining local stations that are in English.

I use an iSimple gateway that is a real cool iPod to OEM radio injector. It connects to the iPod and displays the track info on the radio display screen, plus lets me control the iPod with the radio buttons or steering wheel controls. I keep meaning to do a write up on it.

Last edited by Barovelli; 09-02-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:16 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

I used to have sirius in my truck but than i bought a new radio, now i dont even lostin to normal radio sence ive got a 250gb hd in my car

& my car had the CD/Tape/Onstar/XM radio in it but no onstar lol

Old 09-02-2011, 03:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hmm I'll have to check I always listen to cds.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
I still want to use the CD player though. It's just as well I don't have an MP3 input. We have a ban on using hand-held devices in your car here. I'd be constantly getting tickets. The cops here in Windsor are unbelievable. We even made it to the #2 position in the list of cities in North America with the most speed traps. I think Warren, MI was #1??? Not sure now.
Taz: I'm in Alberta and we just involked the Distracted Driving Law, which includes no hand held cell phones. I put in a Bluetooth Device for my cell phone and I can also stream MP3's from my BlackBerry to my Factory Stereo. It works great. Set up a playlist and stream to the Factory Stereo and put the phone in the glove box.

Rick

Old 09-03-2011, 04:35 PM

Just checked my XM ,i've got it too.Nice promo till the12th.

Old 09-04-2011, 04:41 PM

When we had our 2007 Malibu it had satellite radio. We subscribed from time to time. During the times that we didn't subscribe the radio would alternately have one ot two stations turned on to entice us to re subscribe.
I fear that satellite radio will do to radio what cable has done to television. Cable for all practical purposes has eliminated free tv. I think free radio is going the way of the dinosaur.

Quick Reply: XM Radio suddenly works!!!????