Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Xbox one first impressions

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 07:56 AM
1 Year Member
Default Xbox one first impressions

Hey everyone, so I had yesterday off so I figured I would go up to my work and ask my managers if I was aloud to get an xbox on the release day. He told my I could but I had to wait in line like everyone else. So I sat outside from about 10am till midnight and got an Xbox one along with Forza 5, Need for speed rivals, Dead Rising 3, and Ryse Son of Rome. As soon as you set the Xbox up you have to download a 500MB patch otherwise you will have a $500 door stop. After that you do your normal system setup. One thing that is nice with the new generation console is that all your old stuff transfers over such as your gamertag, achievements, friends, etc. Out of the box you will get the console itself, Kinect 2.0, one controller, HDMI cable, power cord, and batteries. When you first put in a game it will download a portion of the game to the console. However the nice thing is it only needs to download about 10% and then it will let you play and download the rest in the background. I'm still learning the voice commands and things like that. But so far it seems to work really well. It's not really needed since you can do everything with your controller, but it is cool and changes things up a bit and it is a little faster then doing it through the controller.

As far as games go, games look amazing. They already look better then 360 graphics but the thing is that this is the worst games will ever look on this console. 2-4 years down the road when companies finally figure out how to fully optimize games and really learn what these console can do, games will just look flat out phenomenal. Overall I'm very please with the console and I feel like it is a pretty big step up from where the 360 was.

The console itself is a lot larger then the PS4 but the reason it is, is because it has huge 120mm fans to help keep it cool. The Sony tried to go smaller with the PS4 and people have already run into overheating issues do to it not being able to cool itself well enough. Also this system runs stupidly quiet. I can't even hear the system over my typing nor can I hear it over my PC which is also super quiet.

So far I'm very pleased with how this console turned out. It's still to early to tell since it's only been out for about 9 hours but I'm liking it so far. If you like to game I recommend getting one...when you can that is. They probably won't be available for about 2 weeks. Hope you guys enjoyed this write up, if you have any questions let me know.

Old 11-22-2013, 08:04 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

This will probably be the last of the 3 consoles that I get.

I've had a WiiU since release, and I probably wont' pick up a PS4 until next summer.

Glad to hear you are happy with it

Old 11-22-2013, 08:59 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

I just look at the new systems and think "$500... that's a glock 23 or AR 15.... or mods for the monte" I just can't justify it.

X2 with chibi.

Old 11-22-2013, 01:30 PM
1 Year Member

Yea, I can understand that. I can use this as a tax write off being that I use it to make money off of youtube. And the fact that I make money off of youtube helps me justify it a little bit. I don't make tons of money. But it will pay for itself before to long.

Old 11-22-2013, 01:38 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by iMuf
Yea, I can understand that. I can use this as a tax write off being that I use it to make money off of youtube. And the fact that I make money off of youtube helps me justify it a little bit. I don't make tons of money. But it will pay for itself before to long.
Right I do recall you have a youtube chanel. That does justify it. Maybe if I get enough guns I can be like fps russia haha. I might get on in a year or so but I got my ps3 and 360 less than a year ago.

Old 11-22-2013, 02:04 PM
1 Year Member

Yea, and they will continue to make games for the ps3 and 360 for probably another few years.

Old 11-22-2013, 08:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I don't play video games enough to even think about getting a new console. Only have 3 games for my PS3