Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

WTF - Can You Believe This!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 06:42 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007
Default RE: WTF - Can You Believe This!!!

Here is the thing...

They merge the two dealerships, then the GM hired hisfriend who sold car advertising as the Sale Manager. Not that this individual could not sell, he could, but he doesn't know anything about the business. So he was giving customers rebates that they did not qualify for, or sell the vehicle below GMS(against the rules), or quoting at the wrong incentive interest rate, or a number of other things. So the customer would come into my office and I would look over the deal and have to correct the deal before I could even begin to try and up sell.The customer is sitting there thinking theirpaymentis $298, and after I correct all his errors, it like $358.

Ok... So, I first have to show the customer why their paymentjust went from $298to $358, and then try and bump them another $40+ to sell them products they need. It made my jobextremely tough.

Old 02-02-2008, 07:23 AM

Hi `Craig,
With you talent, did you ever consider opening up your own
Auto Detailing Business ?
You then could be your own boss....I know the BeachBum's
and I make from $100 - $150 each extra a week just
washing 10-15 cars a week. Oh + some great tip's from our
customer's....
We also do yard work/moving things for people &
we also paint apartments.
Or,
You could start your own band : ), You could teach people
how to sell....You have many talents, and I'm sure that
you will find something...
My grandfather always told me to find something I love to do,
that I can get paid for : ) I wish you the best in your search.
`Space

Old 02-02-2008, 01:20 PM

[align=center]Just something to `think about...?[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Hi `Craig,[/align][align=center]of[/align][align=center]`Craig's - Master ofAuto Detailing[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]"It pays to get the Best, when you have the Best"[/align][align=center]Appointments Only[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]Keys to Starting an Auto Detailing Business
Want to become a skilled technician in one of the fastest growing industrys today. Automotive Detailing has become very rewarding, both personally and financially? If so, then you are headed in the right direction. Do you take pride in detailing your own vehicle or your friend's and neighbors' cars, then you can achieve personal satisfaction along with financial freedom. Here are the 1st steps for you to take on your way to become a Professional Auto Detailing Reconditioning Expert. [/align][align=center]
[*]File a fictitious name w/County Recorder/Clerk.[*]Get a Business license at the city treasures office.[*]A Resale permit, if you plan to sell products or accessories.[*]Business cards printed professionally.(Direct reflection on your company)[*]Purchase your equipment, chemicals and accessories. [/ol][/align][align=center][:-]Click on below link for more `infor [:-][/align][align=center]http://www.detailsupplyoutlet.com/st...ngbusiness.htm[/align]

Old 02-02-2008, 01:43 PM

That's just crazy man, and I'm sorry to hear about it.

Do you have somewhere else that you're thinking about going?

Old 02-02-2008, 06:25 PM

I am sorry to hear this.

I also totaly feel your pain on this. we have trucks at work that are suposed to be for those who are starting wiht the company and when you get enough time in you will be moved to a faster and more comforatbl truck. Well seem this has happende now 4 times and i am still not in the newer truck .

This is all due to the fact i dont kiss AZZ for no one. But at the same time im the one they count on when things need to get done and they know nobody else will do it. im thier first call. Go figure.

Also when i was suposed to get my truck my assined truck was down for a while and they were suposed to be going on senority. seems this has changed now to the rev. that we bring in.
Well with my truck being down and me having to go from one empty to the next my numbers droped. SO i was told i didnt make enough Revinue. GO FIGURE!!!

Like i told them it was pretty obvious i didnt make enough rev. becuse my truck was still down after 3 months.
and they were handing off my newer trucks ot everyone but me.

Well now there is a nother one on the lot and im suposed to be up for it and figure it will go to anyone else that works there before me for the same freken reasons as stated above.

This is also why im looking at goign back on the road seems i can make better money and at least have a truck that will run when i need it to

Old 02-02-2008, 07:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Craig, I'm SO SORRY that you have to deal with this situation. Sometimes you can't understand what's happening or why, let alone try to look ahead. I PROMISE you God has something better for you and your family in store for you. REMEMBER, don't forget to look OUTSIDE of the box for opportunities. As you said, this dealership was minimal at sales, anywho. Something better is in store for you.
I had a farmer church buddy tell me sometime ago, manure makes good fertilizer, and when you get sh_t on, it can and should make you grow, if you let it. Understand? God does. Think about it.
Something better WILL be around the corner, and I am excited for you to see what it is. You'll be in my prayers.

Old 02-02-2008, 07:05 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Craig, although I'm am sorry you got booted you need to use this as an oppportunity to start your own graphics company. Your talent designing ALL of our sig pics just proves my point.

Old 02-02-2008, 10:23 PM

Sorry to hear about this, Craig. Best of luck on your new beginning, I hope you find something fast and prosperous for you, office politics really suck.

Old 02-02-2008, 11:44 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

ORIGINAL: knightfan26917

Hmm....I think I'd show that to someone in GM's corporate HR department ... and see what they had to say.

Sorry that happened to you, Craig .

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"You better not try to stand in my way" ... J Paycheck ... 'Take This Job & Shove It'

Was thinking that myself. Even if youaren't able to get your job back, I'd let them know that they just lost a very profitable asset.

Very sorry to hear about this, but as others have said, you are very talented and graphics and/or detailing may be your true calling.
I wish you the best.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:59 PM

Bummer, you never know what's going on in upper managements heads. We went through that acouple of years ago. Management let personaldifferences get in the way.But I'm a firm believer in "when one door closes, a better one opens" Your sure to land on your feet with a better job soon.
I do know of one good thing. You got yourself a SWEET Monte Carlo SS.

Quick Reply: WTF - Can You Believe This!!!