Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Wow that was not something you'd see everyday

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Default Wow that was not something you'd see everyday

On my way back from the lake I saw a car accident. A motorcyclist hit a Grand Prix just like mine on the passenger side. Hit it so hard it look like a truck rammed into it. I thought "Wow that's horrible", then I drove back through to get pizza and noticed a body laying flat face down next to the bike with a tarp hardly covering the body... EMS, FD, and the PD just stood around talking to eachother

Old 03-04-2012, 07:51 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

yea--that would kinda suck to come up on. Can't say i've ever done that but jess came up on a motorcycle accident last summer and was pretty freaked out for a couple days.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

I'd be kinda freaked also! I remember as a kid I was on my way home on a school bus and we came up on an accident and there was a white sheet covering up the front windshield area of a car, I guess someone had been killed in the accident.

Old 03-04-2012, 08:07 PM

This isn't my first rodeo I've seen a few fatality accidents. The worst by far was two dually diesel pickups racing down the highway and the dodge lost control struck the ford and the dodge went airborne over the median barrier on it side and got struck by a semi. The entire truck folded no like you'd normally see. The roof of the truck struck the semi and folded. Both occupants passed away

Old 03-04-2012, 08:28 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

That's why I don't care for donor bikes. It always freaks me out when I drive passed a place where I know people were killed. Some of you probably heard about 2-3 years ago, there was a college van full of people and a semi crossed the median and killed most of them. Thing was they mid-identified two of the girls. One of the survivors was thought to be one of the deceased. Must have been hard for the parents to realize that wasn't their daughter after all. Was all over the news. Anyways, I go right by it everyday when I work and see the crosses. They were Taylor university students.
Sorry I know I ran off-topic.

Old 03-04-2012, 08:31 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

We were stopped at a light that crossed a secondary highway and a car ran the red light and the motorcycle hit it at full speed. The rider flew about 30 feet or more but was alive(my aunt was with us and her husband owns a bike shop so she knew the guy and went to check on him). I still remember it like it was yesterday and it was probably 30 years ago. I think he made it but was in ICU for a long time. Ever since that I never really wanted a motorcycle

Old 03-04-2012, 08:45 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

A year or two ago i passed a motorcycle accident, guy got ran off the road buy a young girl on her phone, he hit the cables they run in the middle of the hwy

Old 03-04-2012, 10:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

That sucks to see. I just hope the death was not the result of someone doing something stupid.

My father who works as a paramedic said when he first started working as a medic, he learned early on, if you got to the seen and saw a cop/trooper standing by smoking or chatting, you are now at a DOA seen.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:23 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

Bike vs car... Car alsways wins, I have an uncle who has been in 2 motorcycle accidents, first was sideswipped by a semi the second was rearended by a kid in a his dads company truck that was a manual, he was on his phone , and inexperianced driver and running a red light.... Needless to say my uncle is lucky to still be here... Crazy bastered still rides....

Old 03-05-2012, 04:35 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by jwjones
On my way back from the lake I saw a car accident. A motorcyclist hit a Grand Prix just like mine on the passenger side. Hit it so hard it look like a truck rammed into it. I thought "Wow that's horrible", then I drove back through to get pizza and noticed a body laying flat face down next to the bike with a tarp hardly covering the body... EMS, FD, and the PD just stood around talking to eachother
Perhaps they had to wait for the coroner, and couldn't move the body until he/she got there?

Quick Reply: Wow that was not something you'd see everyday