Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Would you guys rather the new Camaro, or the new Challenger?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 09:48 AM
Default RE: Would you guys rather the new Camaro, or the new Challenger?

Space....Thanks for the pics! Well after looking at 'em all side by side, and I've seen the Dodge around town (gotta admit, it's a head-turner) I'm gonna be faithful to the new sexy Camaro.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:01 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Duane, I like the 2005 redesign of the Mustang. But between the `stang, Challenger, and Camaro, the `stang comes in third place. But that's just my opinion.

Between the Challenger and the Camaro, it's hard to decide. Can I have both? I really like the Challenger, but the t-shirt I'm wearing right now says "Real men drive Chevy's". So I'll take the Camaro first. Then a Challenger.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:39 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

You are definitely not the only one. I like the Mustangs. I also thing the 2010 Mustang will be a nice car as well. The Mustang will be even better for 2011/2012 when they put the 5.0L V8 Coyote in the GT (over 400HP) and the 3.5L turbo V6 in the base (355HP).

Between the Camaro vs. Challenger, I was going through the same dilema. I actually test drove a 2009 R/T and got to ride in a 2010 Camaro SS (pre-production). The Camaro was not tuned at all so it sounded aweful and the trans had NO idea when to shift. Comparing them is so hard. I personally like the styling of the Challenger over the Camaro. The Camaro looks so futuristic and is incredibly hard to see out of. When I test drove the R/T it felt so big. It was fast as hell, but you could feel the weight. The Camaro will definitely have the performance advantage over the Challenger due to the weight to HP ratio. The interiors are night and day as well. The Challenger is very bland, but ergonomically functional, while the Camaro is very retro-modern. The radio on the Camaro is terrible looking. So I would give the advantage to Challenger on that aspect. I honestly believe that if I had the money I would go with the Challenger R/T, but would be more than happy with a 300HP V6 Camaro 2LT/RS. I just can not justify spending that much money on a car.

If you are seriously considering either car I would highly suggest spending time on both...
www.challengertalk.comand
www.camaro5.com

Old 01-30-2009, 11:38 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Ever since I can remember, the only car I have ever wanted was a corvette.

After seeing the new camaro in person, it actually trumped the corvette in my dreams. I know it's a bold statement, and I know it's not a good thing to compare, but I actually can see myself owning a Camaro.

So I must vote for that one. It is absolutely gorgeous in every aspect. My heart races whenever I see one... The challenger... not so much.

Old 01-30-2009, 03:23 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

Am I the only person around here who thinks that hte redesigned Mustang in 2005 was a good looking car?
Nope you are not the only one - I owned an 05 Mustang and really liked the design, but it being the first year of that body style there were quality issues for me. I learned my lesson - I will never run out and buy a car that has just come out with a new body style. There are always bugs, I don’t care what make it is you are going to have some problems. I do not like what they did to the 2010 Mustang though.
It would be a tough choice between the Challenger RT and the Camaro. It would be awesome if Dodge brought back the cool original colors like B5 blue and Plum Crazy Purple.
I am very intrigued with the V6 Camaro cranking out 300 hp and if they offer that RS package I might go with that.

Old 01-30-2009, 03:43 PM

I like the '05 mustang, but I would have to go with the new challenger, I like the looks better. It would be a show car, not a racing thing besides stop light to stop light.

Old 01-30-2009, 04:57 PM

I have to say the challenger mainly because i have driven one before and needless to say i had a huge smile on my face when i was done driving it. This Srt8 challenger had the auto trans but that thing would hit the gears so hard it was amazing. Also this challenger had an exhaust system on it and the mopar cold air intake. The seats also just fit perfect IMO, i am a big kid 6'3" 270 ans i fit perfect in the challengers front and back seats.

Old 01-30-2009, 07:28 PM

Oh definatly the Camaro since I have already ordered one. Lighter and faster then the Challenger...can't beat it.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:43 PM

im a big time chevy guy so its hard when i think the last 2 of 3 pics side by side i liked the mopar better andthat green is sweet but under hood deff the camaro and i think you guys are crazy the 05 stangs looked like a$$

Old 01-31-2009, 08:29 AM

Of the three, I think the Mustang looks the worst. I prefer the Challengers exterior styling over the Camaro. The Camaro, just doesn't look quite right, it doesn't have a recognizable face, it looks like all the other new sports cars. Not as bad as the mustang, though I do like the look of the 94-04 body. but for performance, the Camaro wins.

Quick Reply: Would you guys rather the new Camaro, or the new Challenger?