Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Would you Drive/Buy One ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 12:01 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

I'd hate to drive that. I think I'd rather walk. lol

Old 05-25-2009, 08:06 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

This is the only CUBE i want...

in my diet Pepsi

Old 05-25-2009, 09:44 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

space, i opened theis post, saw that cube thing, and now i have to clean the vomit off of my keybord, lol. its hidious, pointless, and its a nissan so no doubt expensive.

i would take my 84 olds wagon back over that thing, when the carb functioned properly it got around 25 mpg, amazing since shaq could probibly lay down in the back, & the car weighed around 4500 - 5000 lbs ...

Old 05-25-2009, 10:38 AM

I'd take a Pinto anyday over this, this refrigerator with wheels. If I'm ever caught driving one I give the mods permission to give me a lifetime IP ban.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:05 AM

Sorry folks, would not buy it or any other foreign nameplate on the market. I only hope that in the future we can all still drive what we want to drive and not what the government forces us to drive. I would rather drive my Monte Carlo until it rusts out from under me than drive a scrap heap like that.

Last edited by 76MonteMan; 05-25-2009 at 11:10 AM.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:19 PM

no chance... if you are going to buy foreign get that new diesel vw... i'm glad they chose to bring diesel cars back, they get over 40 miles to the gallon... and they don't sound like you're farting when you accelerate like a hybrid... they also look a LOT better. sorry hybrids, but until they make an engine that can run off hydrogen power i am sticking with my unleaded gasoline

Old 05-25-2009, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mikhail Tomasovic
no chance... if you are going to buy foreign get that new diesel vw... i'm glad they chose to bring diesel cars back, they get over 40 miles to the gallon... and they don't sound like you're farting when you accelerate like a hybrid... they also look a LOT better. sorry hybrids, but until they make an engine that can run off hydrogen power i am sticking with my unleaded gasoline
If I had the cash, I'd convert my 76 Monte over to a Duramax. Would prefer the new 4.5-liter Duramax that is as compact as a small block Chevy and just as light. It is suppose to be rated at 310 horsepower and 520 ft. lbs. of torque. I've seen several diesel conversions in old-school cars (the most notable is a Buick GNX clone) and it would be a good swap. Better fuel economy and lots of torque to push you down the drag strip. Just as long as its a newer diesel that's a lot quieter than the older diesels.

GNX clone with 2001 LB7 6.6-liter Duramax:
http://www.18to1.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x2t6BK3E_0

50 Buick:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5Tb02ECI4U

70 Monte Carlo with Cummins:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO_kjaxIDzc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9--ISeNexM

Last edited by 76MonteMan; 05-25-2009 at 03:39 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I literally just got back from driving from Colorado to California, 18.5 hours in my friends Honda Civic....All I can say is I REALLY was wishing I had the Monte, especially when trying to climb over all the mountains...my Monte pulls them at 80-90 MPH no problem...the civic, pedal on the floor, and I got it going 62...I was miseable, plus not comfortable in that gutless peanut car.

So there is no way in hell I would drive a Nissan Cube...you could not even pay me...LOL

By the way, kinda funny you asked about the Cube...I just finished a HUGE marketing plan on the Cube for one of my business classes, I hated the project, and the car we had to market...hahaha

Old 05-25-2009, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by 76MonteMan
If I had the cash, I'd convert my 76 Monte over to a Duramax. Would prefer the new 4.5-liter Duramax that is as compact as a small block Chevy and just as light. It is suppose to be rated at 310 horsepower and 520 ft. lbs. of torque. I've seen several diesel conversions in old-school cars (the most notable is a Buick GNX clone) and it would be a good swap. Better fuel economy and lots of torque to push you down the drag strip. Just as long as its a newer diesel that's a lot quieter than the older diesels.
what motor did the mercedes 5 cyl diesels have? it was the 411 right? my fiancee used to have a 240d, the one with the non-turbo diesel... that thing was slow as alll hell, but her dad is a mercedes mechanic and he has a 5cyl can't remember the model name and that baby is faaaaaaaast. it has so much torque it is ridiculous. i am always torn on the whole diesel argument... i mean, like you said the new diesel motors especially are more quiet and even more economical and have tons of torque... that 6.6 ltr duramax is a beast... i am curious if i bought an old monte or maybe even a cutlass supreme with no motor if i could convert it over to diesel... my buddy is always looking for a conversion project....

Old 05-25-2009, 10:54 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

First the Scion Xb, now the Nissan Cube??? WTF is wrong with designers? To hell with aerodynamics, fuel economy, and style. Let's put a Fridgidaire on wheels and tell the idiots they want it. After all, they'll buy what ever we tell them.

YUCK!

Quick Reply: Would you Drive/Buy One ?