Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Winner of May "Iron Horse" photo contest!

Old 05-30-2015, 07:56 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Winner of May "Iron Horse" photo contest!

Wow a nail biter to the end it could have went a few directions as the voting was so tight. Yet somehow once again for 2 contests running now our winner is "DriverNumber3", and his awesome photograph with his Monte Carlo and a pretty cool train display.

Congrats to you DriverNumber3!! Your on a roll here lately, you pulled this win off on the final turn with 3 other worthy Monte's right drafting in on your tail.

When will DriverNumber3 be stopped? Are we going to let him and his Monte continue to dictate the new themes? I say NO, he is not that good, the pressure will become to much and he will slip up. Not make a critical pit for fuel or tires and who knows who will take him out. Lets go get him Team Monte carlo!

Well DriverNumber3, that was a pretty cool subject matter you chose for this contest, really gave everyone a chance to be creative. What do you have for us this time? Can you become the first ever 3 time winner with this new contest? Are you that good Dale? Lets see what you have for us!!

Winning photo for the "Iron Horse" photo contest!! Nicely done...

Old 05-30-2015, 09:55 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Well that is pretty cool I am once again humbled that you have chosen my photo's as the winners and you know what I forgot to vote on this one, and I voted for someone else on the first one.
Unfortunately, my job caught up to me and I have been sent to another state and trying to keep up with the photo's using my car will be difficult. So I am at the end of the road here.... see attached photo.

So Here is the next subject and I am going to put up an example as well.
But this should be an easy one.

Lets do Petroliana which is a big subject about what makes the Automobile go. But you can use modern gas station shots too. You guys in NJ can do a WAWA Station, loved those places when I was out there.

The photo I am inserting here is of a Vintage Phillips 66 Station that is located in Geneva, NE which is about 25 miles south of where I live. I fueled up here back in the 80's. The unique thing about this one is that the Chamber in this town Renovated the Station and My son who is a Construction Manger did all the work. He asked me a few times about these old stations. When I was a kid this pump style was no longer in use.
But I can remember "Gas Wars" when I drove to High School in the 60's I paid .32 cents per gallon.

Right now I am in Nashville, TN for a little while I want to go up to Bowling Green to see all the Monte Carlos, when they have the national Monte Carlo meet up there. Can anybody view them and take photo's or would I be wasting my time driving up during that event? In other words is it a closed show or do they charge to view the Car show?
So I am at the end of the Road here fun stuff I am really thrilled everybody enjoyed the photo's.

Attached Thumbnails Winner of May "Iron Horse" photo contest!-dscf9116a.jpg   Winner of May "Iron Horse" photo contest!-dscf9118a.jpg   Winner of May "Iron Horse" photo contest!-dscf9127a.jpg  

Last edited by drivernumber3; 05-30-2015 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Photo's