Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: "Iron Horse" Themed Photo Contest
Brandon "02ssIntimidator"
28.57%
Keane " Leprechaun93"
21.43%
"Dale" " DriverNumber3"
35.71%
Ken "Ohara"
14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Themed Photo Contest "Iron Horse" Voting

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 11:33 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Themed Photo Contest "Iron Horse" Voting

Nice turn out this time around, thanks for all of those who entered a photo for the Iron Horse contest.

All MCF members would you take a few minutes and look at the photo's and place a vote for your favorite picture contributed by various members. This time around our previous contest winner chose our new theme as a photo with some railroad object in the picture with their Monte. It could be anything from a crossing signal, simply railroad tracks or an actual train. So place a vote for what ever reason, but typically on how well the member executed the theme through composition and their creative what for with.

Here are the photos in the same order as the members name appears on the voting option.

Remember MCF members the new winner if DriverNumber3 is dethroned will then be selecting the new theme for the next contest.

We welcome comments about the pictures, jabbing and sparring and any good ol ribbing is encouraged on this thread.

Best of luck to all you contest participants...

Brandon "02ssIntimidator"

Keane " Leprechaun93"

"Dale" " DriverNumber3"

Ken "Ohara"

Last edited by P343; 05-25-2015 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Added poll
Old 05-24-2015, 11:54 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

I did not get my Monte out for this contest, seems like it rained nearly everyday the time I did have off. Anyone else getting plastered with rain?

Lot of nice pictures here, I think drivernumber3 is going down...

Nice work guys, show your right!!

Old 05-25-2015, 12:00 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

I was on Vacation in Colorado when the May Flower contest was declared and we had just went on the Durango to Silverton narrow gauge Train. That was a fun Ride. I have attached a photo of that Train. Can you picture your Monte setting along side this engine as it is steaming up. That would have been a hoot.
Some good photo's on this one. Good luck to every body!

Attached Thumbnails Themed Photo Contest "Iron Horse" Voting-2015-may-403.jpg  

Last edited by drivernumber3; 05-25-2015 at 12:01 AM. Reason: photo
Old 05-25-2015, 12:11 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2015
1 Year Member

I actually put my car on the line for this shoot. Thank God a train did not come while I was getting the shot.

Old 05-25-2015, 12:16 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 02ssintimidator
I actually put my car on the line for this shoot. Thank God a train did not come while I was getting the shot.
That would have been my luck...the only time it would not start!!! LOL

Old 05-25-2015, 02:47 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2015
1 Year Member

I would've summoned the strength enough to push it outta the way. You know like when a mother lifts a car to save her child. Superhuman strength out of nowhere.

Old 05-25-2015, 06:28 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I hear ya there Brandon!!!

Old 05-25-2015, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by 02ssintimidator
I would've summoned the strength enough to push it outta the way. You know like when a mother lifts a car to save her child. Superhuman strength out of nowhere.
On that note I have a story to share.
The year was 1997 Dec. 22 and we were have an Ice storm here. My wife works at the Hospital and was called in for an emergency. At the time I lived next door to the Local Ford dealer. We owned a 1994 Ford Aerostar Sprint or Sport? not sure any more.
So she takes this thing to work, it is so slick I crawled from the driveway to the garage. So she didn't come home and didn't the kids were asking what happened to Mom? Then the phone rings and it's the Police Dept. the lady on the other end say's " your wife has been in an accident with a Train" ..........pause and says but she is OK.
I go to pick her up by the train crossing. It was on a slight hill and she slid off the road into the tracks and couldn't get out. Several people tried to help her. But no luck. After all this we were looking for a different car and the Ford dealer was not very helpful.
I found a new Van at the Chevy dealer.
They let me use it till I settled with the Insurance Co. and never charged me for the use nor did I have an obligation to buy it from them.
Flash forward to one day I was with a bunch of guys and they asked me. Why when you live next to the Ford dealer can you get away with not buying another Ford. pause on my part............ Well you see they just don't hold up! I said and was walking away when they got it.

Kind of freaks you out though. turned a 7 passenger van into a 3 Inline.

Old 05-25-2015, 11:25 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

So she takes this thing to work, it is so slick I crawled from the driveway to the garage.

Flash forward to one day I was with a bunch of guys and they asked me. Why when you live next to the Ford dealer can you get away with not buying another Ford. pause on my part............ Well you see they just don't hold up! I said and was walking away when they got it.
:[/QUOTE]

LOL, your a story teller for sure, love it, the spin you put on things.

" it is so slick I crawled from the driveway to the garage."

Wow so the van actually was struck by the train as they could not move it?

I just never got into Fords, always Pontiac's or Chevrolets. Not that I would turn away a GT500 or Super Snake.

My mom was actually killed by a train, her pickup was knocked around and that was that. As she lived near the tracks, I have heard more people who live near tracks are killed in that they grow accustomed to trains and are less attentive. But she died doing what she loved, had a horse ranch in Arizona after she divorced my father. LOL, wow, guess all in all she can't complain, beats a slow drawn out passing.

Old 05-26-2015, 08:38 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
So she takes this thing to work, it is so slick I crawled from the driveway to the garage.

:
LOL, your a story teller for sure, love it, the spin you put on things.

" it is so slick I crawled from the driveway to the garage."

Wow so the van actually was struck by the train as they could not move it?

I just never got into Fords, always Pontiac's or Chevrolets. Not that I would turn away a GT500 or Super Snake.

My mom was actually killed by a train, her pickup was knocked around and that was that. As she lived near the tracks, I have heard more people who live near tracks are killed in that they grow accustomed to trains and are less attentive. But she died doing what she loved, had a horse ranch in Arizona after she divorced my father. LOL, wow, guess all in all she can't complain, beats a slow drawn out passing.[/QUOTE]

Wow that was a sad story. I am very sorry you lost your Mom.

The Van was rear wheel drive and we had looked at a Dodge Caravan at the time but it didn't have the leg room, and the Chevy Van was cramped for foot room too.
I wish I had never got into them either, every one of them had and issue and they were all brand knew when I got them.

The Railroad Crossing approach sloped up hill, and as she got there the front end slid across the crossing area and the left front wheel fell into the area between the tracks, and it wasn't sloped up it was just a straight cut, similar to the railroad tie.
So the 2 guys who tried to help her get it off the crossing thought because it was rear wheel drive and the rear may have been off the road, and to top it off "It Was Slicker than Owl Sh*t on a wet branch" they couldn't get it out of there.
She had called 911 and the train was a still a way's a way but it was a coal train over 1 mile long. The engine went into the sliding door on the passenger side and took it up the tracks about 1/4 mile. So the cops were there and talked to the engineer and he wanted to know if anyone was in the Van. She said she had been. " he said lady you are so lucky, this is my 3rd collision with a vehicle and you are the only survivor. She started to cry and so did the Engineer of the Train.
That's when I went back to 100% GM and all is good in the Space Time Continuum.
I don't think they could have fixed the sliding door anyway, it would have been like being a gunner on a Huey to ride in this thing.

Quick Reply: Themed Photo Contest "Iron Horse" Voting