Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Why

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 10:19 PM

There is actualy a v4 people use it alot in baja. gm had one too based off the ls7. called kmv4

http://www.chromjuwelen.com/de/netwo...-v4-motor.html

Last edited by Mr Grizzly Mint; 09-24-2012 at 12:56 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:54 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Originally Posted by zjerry
Ford Corsair V4 engine

Corsair V4 Engine

By Dom|Published <ABBR class=published title="3:51 pm">May 1, 2011</ABBR> | Full size is 2560 × 1920 pixels
<!-- .entry-meta -->
Corsair V4 Engine

My apologies, should have specified that the guys vehicle was a 2008-ish Honda Accord, therefor, no way in hell he had a Ford V4 in there

If ya'll can find me an accord with a V4 from Iowa I'll give in and admit that I'm a d-bag for thinking poorly of the guy, but until then, I have no sympathy for his ignorance.

Last edited by 01 Monte SS; 09-23-2012 at 11:00 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:15 AM

lol. You know now we will be looking for a honda accord with a v4 lol.

In looking I found at least 10 people asking questions about 2000+ model v4 accords. I have now come to the conclusion that people who buy honda accords know nothing about cars. Or Honda makes a v4 they do not offer as an option in the US.

These are listed as v4
http://www.recycler.com/used-cars-an...?vehstatus=New

Last edited by Mr Grizzly Mint; 09-24-2012 at 12:37 AM.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:22 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I guess im very fortunate...

My neighbor, hes a certified Mechanic...and his brother inlaw works at the warehouse for Oreily....
So I dont have to even approach any of the "Idiotic" wanna be know it all at the auto parts counter...

But now...
Today yall got me so jacked up about the counter help at advanced...
Im going to the one on the corner, im going to walk down there isle with all the fluids...and holler out...

HEY WHERES THE FRIGGN BLINKER FLUID!

and see what kind of response i get!

Old 09-24-2012, 10:31 AM

3 Year Member

Feel free to carry on the debate about a V4 but the guys car had an inline 4 cylinder, not a true "V4," end of story.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:03 AM

3 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mr Grizzly Mint
They may be listed as a V4 but they are not actually a V4. Honda only offers their cars with an I4 (inline as I've previously mentioned)

As with any dealership ad/craigslist post/ebay ad/any other classified ad, people can list their vehicle as whatever they want. IMO, those dealerships have simply mislabeled all of their Honda Accords. If you look at any/all of the engine bay photos, you will find that they are in fact the Honda I4 engines. So despite finding a description that reads "V4," your link is irrelevant to my original point. But it does prove that the audience for Honda's may not be as informed on their engine.

But again, if anyone wishes to continue the debate/search, feel free, I'll keep checking back to see if anyone can actually find a Honda Accord with a V4, preferably from Ames, IA, where I witnessed the guy calling his INLINE 4 CYLINDER a V4, I know what I saw, I know what I heard, no need for you trolls to continue the argument, but I guess if you have nothing better to do with your life, continue to research a Honda Accord V4 and try and prove me wrong, have a great day researching, as it appears you all have no desire to quit

Last edited by 01 Monte SS; 09-24-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Honda V4.... reminds me of ads i see for the gmc envoy/chevy trailblazer. Sooooo many of them say V6 when it has an I6, i cant stand vehicles that have far off descriptions like that, drives me nuts. If you're gonna sell something, take the time to get your facts right.

Old 09-24-2012, 05:24 PM
Zen

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
I guess im very fortunate...

My neighbor, hes a certified Mechanic...and his brother inlaw works at the warehouse for Oreily....
So I dont have to even approach any of the "Idiotic" wanna be know it all at the auto parts counter...

But now...
Today yall got me so jacked up about the counter help at advanced...
Im going to the one on the corner, im going to walk down there isle with all the fluids...and holler out...

HEY WHERES THE FRIGGN BLINKER FLUID!

and see what kind of response i get!
Do it I bet some even tries to help you find it

Prime example Of their diag ablites.We had a customer come in that went to auto zone to have the mil light check on his rav4.Had a p0420 code(cat eficent below treshold)an they tried to get him the buy some universal cat from them.The guy came in wanting to make sure thats what he needed.Turns out the cat is fine it just has a bad A/F sensor kinda common rav4' don't need cats changed very offend.They don't know how to check the sensors first almost every p0420 has been a sensor.

That little code reader they use has wasted so many peoples time an money by misdiagnosing what the code is.

Old 09-24-2012, 06:01 PM

01 Monte SS did your read my whole post? I said all people who buy hondas know nothing about cars. When you look at the pics it is clearly an i4. Most people probably think its a v4 because it is a vtec. And that so many people think that their honda accord is a v4 is what I was pointing out. It seems to be common for honda buyers to have no knowledge of engines.

Old 09-24-2012, 06:03 PM

3 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mr Grizzly Mint
I said all people who buy hondas know nothing about cars.
Yes, pretty bold statement but I'm willing to bet it's true for a large majority on Honda owners.

Quick Reply: Why