Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Why

Old 09-23-2012, 06:16 PM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Why

Why is it people go to parts store an ask them to diagnose whats wrong with the car.
I was out an about today just looking for a set of floor mats.Went to a few different parts stores.For some reason some poor fool thought that advanced auto was the best place to ask why the back up camera on a new tahoe was fuzzy.
The only thing I heard them tell the guy was the camera might be unplugged
Sorry this is just one of those things that bug me.I work on cars all day an there is a good amount of them that have to be refixed cause parts store or oil change shops tend to give incorrect diag advice.
Now don't get me wrong there are some people that really know they're stuff that work in parts store/oil change shops but they are a rare sight.
Sorry like I said just one of those things that get to me

Old 09-23-2012, 06:21 PM

Maybe because consumers are cheap and don't won't to take their vehicle to the dealer and pay through the nose and hope it is fixed correctly?

Old 09-23-2012, 06:22 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Its fuzzy so it must be unplugged?? wow

Old 09-23-2012, 06:25 PM
Zen

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Its fuzzy so it must be unplugged?? wow
Yup can't make that up.Mind you the tahoe was dirty as a pig.I have no idea why it be fuzzy
There real could have be some thing wrong with it but i'd try cleaning the lens off first.

Old 09-23-2012, 06:26 PM

maybe the guy should wash it, im always cleaning my camera & sensors

Old 09-23-2012, 06:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

This also annoys me quite a bit. Some people really like to assume that workers of autoparts stores know EVERYTHING about EVERY make and model of EVERY vehicle ever produced, which is ridiculous to me. Sometimes I ask for advice on what products to use lol. I might ask what type of filter they'd recommend or ask for basic product info.

I heard a guy trying to tell a worker that his ACCORD had a V4 The worker was like, you mean 4 cylinder? He replied yeah, the V4 engine. I left, didn't even stick around, because I didn't want to be too rude lol.

One of my friends that worked there told a guy that he had a supercharged Cobalt and the guy had no clue what the hell a supercharger was I believe he orginally asked if a whine was normal under acceleration so my buddy asked to take a look at the engine He has all kinds of crazy stories of people asking dumb things or people trying to do an oil change and various work right in their lot at the store lol. There's no way I could do his job, I just don't have the patience for someone who has no clue on something they operate daily.

Last edited by 01 Monte SS; 09-23-2012 at 10:58 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:36 PM
Zen

It was a new tahoe too.An half the employees didn't even look up when customers walked up to the counter.I had to just leave

Old 09-23-2012, 06:39 PM
Zen

The advanced auto by my house has a girl there thats as hot as they come.But she is clueless about cars

Old 09-23-2012, 06:41 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Ahhh the public, ignorant stupid annoying and they want everything for free My autozone has a pretty good looking girl that works there, i hate asking for help at auto parts stores. Even just having a code read annoys me as i'll get some kid who will come out, plug the scanner in and then take his phone out to screw around and give me some BS about the code. But there is an old guy at our autozone who knows his stuff and i trust his opinion over the kids

Old 09-23-2012, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS
I heard a guy trying to tell a worker that his car had a V4 The worker was like, you mean 4 cylinder? He replied yeah, the V4 engine. I left, didn't even stick around, because I didn't want to be too rude lol.
But they did make a V4

V4 engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why