Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Why ? : )

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 10:41 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Why ? : )

[align=center]I do not understand why ? Do you ?[/align][align=center]Why do you think people do these things to their rides ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I think I could find better things to do with my money,[/align][align=center]but to each their own. I guess they are not hurting anyone ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Look forward to members response to the reasons[/align][align=center]they believe people do this to their rides.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Is it just for attention ? ?[/align][align=center][:-]Post your thoughts, reasons [:-][/align][align=center]Slow day on the MCF [/align]

Old 08-14-2008, 11:44 AM
Default RE: Why ? : )

Space I don't know a lot of things people do to there rides that make them look like S,,,,it but everyone has there own ideas of what looks good or whatever. To me a little mods do wonders for a vehicle. Just like wheels the biigger the better and for me 18" is good enough. They just destroy what GM or other makers spent million of dollars on just to screw it up.. My $.02 and that is just me....

Old 08-14-2008, 12:55 PM

Ain't just you! Some Mods make you go faster. Some Mods make your Sound better. Some Mods make you look better. Those Mods make it look like 15 or 20 Clowns should be bailing-out and running around at every light.

Total waste of money.
Ridiculous!
Just funny-looking. No class.

Old 08-14-2008, 01:38 PM

LOL `Rick LOL
That was funny, 10 or 15 Clowns getting out of the ride

My intent of my post is not to bash the owners of the above type cars,
but in the area that I reside, I dont see those type of rides.
I have seen many during my travels on the web.

I just cant believe how much time and money they put into them, and I
wonder what other members thought.
I guess it depends on what area of the country that you live ?

What does any memberthink the car cost to build that way ?

Rick, thanks for your post, and the laughs.
And 2Quick4U `Art, thanks for your comments, opinions and 2cents.
I keep learning everytime I visit the MCF.
Peace Out

Old 08-14-2008, 02:25 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

that looks like this guy with the caddy that rides around here.

If you want ot upset this guy, walk up to the car while he's parked in the firelane at Wal Mart and just ignor ethe rims, doors, neon, and start inspecting the paint and looking underneath the car. I didn't say anything ot him but you could tell he was pissed that I wasn't looking at what he wanted me to look at. The bottom side looks like it was a low rider that hit every bump in Henderson for 100,000 miles before it was jacked up. the paint is rough too.....

Old 08-14-2008, 04:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Wow that is absolutely disgusting. I really dont understand why people do that. If you want a lifted vehicle with big wheels, get a truck.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:07 PM

I dont get it either. I've seen some members here with wheels to big. It not only makes the car look bad, it slows you down, makes you brake slower and costs alot of money. To each their own.

Old 08-15-2008, 07:54 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Rims that huge cost thousands alone. Plus the lift kits, lambo door custom conversion. Tons of money. I'd spend the money on performance mods, but that's just me.

Old 08-15-2008, 09:16 AM

If I had several thousands of dollars to spend on my 06 SS, I would convert it into a rear wheel drive.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:21 AM
rj
15 Year Member

If I had several thousands of dollars to spend on my 06 SS, I would convert it into a rear wheel drive.

I'd go for that mod.

I'm not bashing someone else's car but some times you wonder what they were smoking when they got the ideas for their car's mods?

The guy with the sky-high Cadillac. Were the rear wheel wells re-located on this car? They look like it in the photos Duane posted.

Quick Reply: Why ? : )